cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Self-care

I make it a priority on the days that I struggle to take time for self-care. For self-care, in general, I take a  shower, I take time to journal, I make myself a really good meal, I take a break from the task that I was doing and zone out completely. For self-care on the harder days, I remind of my positive mantras and I take time to within myself give space to whatever my feeling by exploring it in my head or a journal. I do this a couple different ways first, I tell myself a few positive mantras. Secondly, I imagine myself looking down from space at myself in my current moment. Thirdly, while looking down myself I talk through why I feel the way, this can also be done while walking or meditating. Fourthly I take a breath tor release any reappearing negative thoughts and if I can continue with my day but if not I take some time to zone out so that my sub-consciousness can work through this. I let my sub-consciousness work through it so that I do not get too overwhelmed and begin to be negative again.

Highlighted

Re: Self-care

These are all such fantastic self-care methods @A_Friend! Thank you for sharing them with the forum Smiley Happy How did you learn that these sort of things helped you when you were feeling down?

Highlighted

From YouTube and blogs of people who were going through what is was going through. Also people that gave advice on apps like talk life 

Highlighted

@A_Friend wow, what a comprehensive list! Is there any kind of self-care that you like to save for a special or important time?