cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self compassion

I find being kind to myself really hard. I need to learn some self compassion. 

I'm making this thread so I can post stuff and turn it around into self compassion. 

For example.

I really wanted to sh today 

Self compassion - I did really well not to act on the urge and I've come a long way. 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: Self compassion

Hey @redhead, good on you for starting this thread! Smiley Very Happy I know you've said that this thread is for you to post stuff and turn it around into self-compassion, but can others do the same? Thinking this thread could be great for the RO community. Smiley Happy

@mrmusic this thread is for everyone feel free to post your compassions
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

I really want to die... But I'm getting help, I don't have to act on it, things will get better again, I've got this.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Yes @redhead! You've got this!!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

This is a great thread idea! Well done @redhead

This week I was really hard on myself for getting a poor mark on a uni assignment. But I talked to my lecturer on how I can improve for my next assignment, which made me feel better about future assignments. 

I wasn’t able to get into the city yesterday to meet up with my friend because I left home too late. But we’ve organised to meet next weekend instead and I will leave home much earlier to get there at the agreed time.

Highlighted

I was really stressed about my treating meeting today, I didn't really feel heard. However I said what I wanted to say and they listened somewhat because I'm starting a new medication. And I have leave to go to uni. I'm proud of how I handled myself in the appointment
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

awesome thread @redhead and well done for today 

and well done to all contributors here too @letitgo@Karinaskii@mrmusic

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

The last couple of weeks have been really hard at work and preparing for uni. In particular, I’ve been quite hard on myself with my performance at work. But I know that sometimes things don’t go as planned and that I am getting things done and that my work is good enough, even if it isn’t perfect.