cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Self compassion

I LOOOOOOVE your self-compassion @N1ghtW1ng !!! Heart

In reading a more detailed job description today I felt inadequate and underprepared to even think about taking the role on. I started to doubt my abilities. But I remembered my old employment consultant and her love of inspirational quotes which she put behind her desk. I also remembered a conversation we had about it still being worth applying even if you don't necessarily meet ALL of the criteria...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart
Highlighted

neg thoughts are swarming into me again
its alright, i've got some really good self-care going on wish is really helping distract me Smiley Happy movies are heroes in disguise

Self- compassion is something that I realised over time. I remember when I was in first year of University I was very harsh on myself whenever I got a grade lower to what I had expected. Half the time I was stressed and was just focusing on reaching perfection. I really exhausted myself mentally and started to build up frustration. The end result too was nothing but a lowered morale and loss of motivation. However, with time I realised that there was no point taking too much pressure at such a young age knowing that it was just my first year and I was still learning and adapting to a new environment. And I also asked myself if  I wanted to remember 'mental exhaustion' from my undergrad days or the 'wholesome' experience, that mostly people have from their University. This made me realise that I need to be kind to myself Smiley Happy

I didn't get as far as I wanted with applying for music therapy jobs today. I didn't get any letters drafted or phone calls made.

But I did make a list of places that I want to approach, so some progress was made regardless, and I worked on other things that I needed to do, so the time was well spent.

I keep telling myself that I suck. But I don't, I just have to keep reminding myself.

@N1ghtW1ng It is lovely how you reframe such thoughts. Remember that you are worth all the good things in life and that you are very strongSmiley Happy

Thanks @DIVYA, it's a never ending battle Smiley Tongue

I screwed up so much with this assignment, I had two weeks and I wasted them all! *deep breaths* It might look like laziness, it might feel like laziness, but it's not. It's just the unfortunate way my brain works. The best I can do now is keep working on it, try to sort things out with the lecturer and hope for the best.

Stop it negative thoughts, okay? Just go away, I don't need you.

@N1ghtW1ng Assignments sure are a headache sometimes, especially when 3 of them are due in the same week Smiley Indifferent But don't take too much stress, I am sure you can manage to smash that assignment in the time limit you have Smiley Happy I remember I used be very lost in my first year where I tried to do uni related stuff perfectly but everything ended up being all over the place , the one thing that helped me though was scheduling and planning. It did suck in the beginning but then I thought to myself that I can't over exhaust the two brain cells I have, taking that much pressure about an assignment Smiley Tongue

Thanks @DIVYA Smiley Happy

I'm the reason I'm so alone. If I'd just tried harder, talked to my friends more, maybe they'd talk back or invite me to places instead of throwing up a facebook invite or acting as though spending a month of not talking to each other is okay.

No. Sure, I could talk to them more but I cannot hold a conversation, okay? And that's okay. So screw them. If they don't want to talk to me, then whatever. Maybe one day they'll message out of the blue saying "how are you" but until then, whatever. It's their problem.

I didn't get a job that was advertised because I left it until the last minute, and the job was closed early. I feel pretty angry with myself, and upset that I didn't get onto it sooner.

But that's only one job, and being in the city, it would have been a right pain to get to each day in any case. I'll find something else in time.