cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Self compassion

I have been feeling bad about myself for how I feel within the community around me, but being able to seek people with similar interests has helped me, and help out be a little better with social anxiety.

I’ve been linking quite a few people to this wonderful thread (thanks again to @redhead for making it!), and I’m going to set myself a challenge. Every time I link to this thread, I’m going to do some self-compassion myself. So we’ll see how I go! Smiley Happy

I’ve been really worried about my prac hours ever since uni told me that some of them wouldn’t count, but I know that I am developing my skills at an appropriate level, and the feedback from my supervisor has been good, so I just need to accept what is and only work on what I can control.

This is such an awesome thread. It's such a good reminder to treat ourselves with the same love, care, support and compassion we show others Heart

Practical Tips For Developing Self-Compassion:

• Create a self-compassion mantra that you can say to yourself when you are struggling (does anyone have one they'd like to share?)
  • When you notice yourself speaking negatively ask yourself if you would speak to your bestie like that.
  • Reflect on the negative self-talk that you've noticed and look for any common themes, like is it related to past experiences, or a tendency to set unrealistic expectations for yourself?
  • Try some relaxation exercises
  • Make sure you make time for the things you love (seeing friends, reading a book, singing in the car etc)

ceed327af3cfe157e74bba286368672a--productivity-quotes-inspirational.jpg

thats some really good tips @Erin-RO thank you for sharing

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

i have been feeling very out of sorts and 'lost' in the world as well as within myself as well. trying to discover who i am what i want to do etc and have been really hard on myself however what ive realised is being lost isnt always a bad thing. its just another stepping stone in recovery and really its allowing me time to explore, think, and really create who i am and make my own path. 

Such a good way to reframe things @scared01 Heart

thanks @Erin-RO i seem to have a lot of lightbulb moments like these even in the pits like last night so will continue to share might help others too

Yesterday, I performed quite badly at work, and while I wasn't spoken to, it kind of spoilt my evening. But I'm doing my best, and I'm getting better at dealing with the bad days, and today was a good day at work.

Nice self reflection Heart @mrmusic

I'm being hard on myself for having urges to sh. Its been a part of my for nearly 8 years. Its a hard pattern to break out of. I'm still learning new strategies and ways to manage my life. Choosing to cope differently taks a lot of hard work, and I'm getting there, it's been 6 months, it's a choice I make every moment of the day and it's the choice I'm making for my future. Recovery isn't easy but it's worth it. I have to give my self credit for how far I've come and though I have a long way to go I'm getting there.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire