Re: Self compassion

YES. @redhead

@redhead  YOU ARE AWESOME! Heart

spot on @redhead

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I'm really struggling at uni right now, particularly with the practical skills I require to be a music therapist, and my confidence has really taken a hit with everyone around me seemingly doing very well in this area. But my skills are so much better than they were this time last year (I only started learning guitar last year), and I still have 6 months to get things to where they need to be. And Ps get degrees!

@mrmusic I love how you summed it up. P's do get Degrees. That's my philosophy, I straighten my back a little more during placement Smiley Happy I think you're doing an awesome job. What do you find about the practical component that's so challenging?

@Bree-RO  It's pretty much the guitar skills, I can do basic strumming, and my open-string chords are pretty good, but I need to be able to play melodies fluently at a reasonable speed. I also need more hand strength for other types of chords as well. More strum patterns would also be useful.

Feel you bud @mrmusic I am envious you can do basic strumming and open chords. I have the opposite issue can do decent picking and riffs but struggle to strum for some reason - cannot get the rhythm! You've got this. I had a friend once say, everytime you watch tele - just pick it up for ten minutes for the start of each show. That's an extra 70 mins a week on top of your practice if you watch tele each day Smiley Happy 

@Bree-RO  I already have a practice routine, but that is DEFINITELY something to keep in mind! Lots of little chunks of practice do add up!

Trigger Warning

I'm struggling big time tonight with myself. I feel so anxious and stressed, yet at the same time extremely unmotivated and depressed. I have been really emotional tonight, I've just been a wreck, and I can't see why anyone would want to like me.

But I'm trying to stay afloat. I know that these thoughts are not true (even if I'm struggling to believe it), and I know that I care about others around me. It has been really good to read of someone else's positive during their difficult time, and I feel very happy that I was able to make even a tiny contribution to that person's well-being.

I’m having a rather bad night tonight. I’m being really hard on myself for not being perfect, and it’s making my mood worse. I’m finding life really hard right now.

But I’m still trying, and I’ve been able to make a positive contribution to RO today, in spite of everything. I will get through this.