cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Self compassion

@mrmusic even though your struggling I'm proud that youre trying really hard with self compassion.

Mine:
I'm really struggling with my weight right now. My medication made me rapidly gain then that triggered my ED. I'm trying to be gentle and remind myself I am so much more than my weight and also being gentle with myself regarding my ED, I can get past these behaviours again, I was in recovery before I can get back there.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Thanks @redhead. Heart

I'm having yet another bad day today, and I feel like a failure because it appears that I am having a full-blown relapse. I'm also scared about what may happen if I don't look after myself properly, particularly considering that I can't really afford to go into hospital right now.

But relapse is a normal part of recovery. I knew I was probably going to have to deal with it at some point, and I'm trying my best. If I have to go into hospital, I'm sure I could work something out with uni and work, and I have so much support here on RO and outside.

@mrmusic last year when I ended up in hospital at uni uni was really supportive and gave me extensions and extra help. I'm hoping you don't end up in hospital too but if it happens its not the end of the world, looking after yourself is the priority.

I haven't been online much lately sorry, how have you been looking after yourself
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hi @redhead, if I'm honest, I haven't been looking after myself probably as much as I should, although I've been trying.

The biggest issue with going into hospital would be my placements, as that would really put me behind in hours. As you say though, that's not the end of the world. I think I'm also basing my experience from uni last time I went into hospital (which was really bad), but that would be the exception rather than the norm. I've got a long thread going about everything right now here, if you want to take a look. Heart

I've been really negative on the forum tonight, and I had quite a significant outburst as a result of me not practising self-care in the way I should have been. But I'm still trying, and it's still a journey, and I will get through this - I just need to be more patient with myself. I've got this.

I'm really struggling on my placement and I don't feel I'm actually learning many 'practical' things that I'm going to be able to take with me for my own practice. But I'm still getting reasonable experience, and I don't have to be perfect - even when I am fully qualified. I believe that I can keep my clients/residents etc. safe and play a positive role in meeting their needs.

I feel hopeless in my recovery after this recent psychotic episode.
Sc- There are things I'm putting in place for my recovery and I'm learning new skills in managing my psychosis, I've got new meds, and I have a wonderful support network which I'm building. This is not a relapse but something to learn from and hope it doesn't happen again.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

I want to give up
SC - even though everything feels hard I'm still fighting and I'm asking for help. I can do this, I'll get back on track again.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

I have so much going on in my life right now but I'm doing my best and I'm really proud of that it's been nearly 2 months since I've hurt myself.

Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead 
HeartHeartHeart