cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Self compassion

I LOOOOOOVE your self-compassion @N1ghtW1ng !!! Heart

In reading a more detailed job description today I felt inadequate and underprepared to even think about taking the role on. I started to doubt my abilities. But I remembered my old employment consultant and her love of inspirational quotes which she put behind her desk. I also remembered a conversation we had about it still being worth applying even if you don't necessarily meet ALL of the criteria...

Join us from Monday 14th in our SLOW-MO GR about New Year Goals & Resolutions
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

neg thoughts are swarming into me again
its alright, i've got some really good self-care going on wish is really helping distract me Smiley Happy movies are heroes in disguise

Self- compassion is something that I realised over time. I remember when I was in first year of University I was very harsh on myself whenever I got a grade lower to what I had expected. Half the time I was stressed and was just focusing on reaching perfection. I really exhausted myself mentally and started to build up frustration. The end result too was nothing but a lowered morale and loss of motivation. However, with time I realised that there was no point taking too much pressure at such a young age knowing that it was just my first year and I was still learning and adapting to a new environment. And I also asked myself if  I wanted to remember 'mental exhaustion' from my undergrad days or the 'wholesome' experience, that mostly people have from their University. This made me realise that I need to be kind to myself Smiley Happy

I didn't get as far as I wanted with applying for music therapy jobs today. I didn't get any letters drafted or phone calls made.

But I did make a list of places that I want to approach, so some progress was made regardless, and I worked on other things that I needed to do, so the time was well spent.