cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sex

Is it ok to have a loving sexual relationship with someone you love. Or is it jist meaningless sex

Re: Sex

I think having a loving sexual relationship with someone you love and care about is really wonderful. If you're in a respectful and mutually understanding sexual relationship with someone, the sex isn't meaningless. Hope this helps @Brendos94 Smiley Happy

Hey @Brendos94 I just moved your post to Wellbeing so it gets a little more exposure and support Smiley Happy I agree with @LadyMacbeth00 having sexual intimacy with a loved on is a very special thing, it doesn't have to be meaningless at all.

Did you want to tell us a bit more about what you are going through?

i agree with @LadyMacbeth00 & @Bree-RO

in a loving relationship with mutal feelings, its not meaningless at all

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Yeah i can what did u guys want to know

Is this about someone else @Brendos94 or about your ex whom you're both happy to try and work it out again? Or perhaps just curiosity?

@Revz talking about my ex im wanting to work things out with this post might help which explains more. https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Special-discussions/Relationships-Getting-back-together-with-your-...

@Brendos94 hey, how are you doing?

I read your other post and it sounds like you and your partner have been through a lot of stress; I hope that going to Headspace has been helping and that you can talk to other people about what you're going through. 

Like everyone else I think having a loving sexual relationship with someone you love is really great. Is there a reason why you think it isn't okay or are doubtful about it?

Highlighted

@DirtWitch We have been through a lot of shit. When i went to Headspace it was only an initial appointment. They will be helping. Only problem i see with my ex and me is She wasn't always interested in sex. So there is a bit to sort through also

@Brendos94 Well I'm glad that you're still going to Headspace. I have friends who use Headspace regularly and I have heard a lot of good things about them.

Sex can be a really complicated thing for many people. It's a way of showing love, but for some people it's also associated with more negative things like feeling out of control or being hurt. Since your ex has been through such a traumatic experience with the abortion, it makes sense that she might have some complicated feelings about sex. She might also benefit from talking to Headspace about what she's gone through. Also, if your ex is a girl, in general girls have more difficulty enjoying and having sex for a lot reasons (mostly related to sexism!!)

Lastly, some people also just have a lower sex drive than others--they don't want to have sex as often. I think it's actually quite unusual for a couple to have the same sex drive, usually there is always one more who has the higher libido and one that isn't as interested. That doesn't mean you don't love each other or can't be a couple. What's important is that you both feel comfortable openly talking about your desires and boundaries, and reach a compromise together. However, sometimes people do break up over being sexually incompatible and it's neither person's fault--it's just that they don't mesh well sexually and that can really affect a relationship.