cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Sexuality...what?

Other people can also ask questions about their sexuality on here, but like, i probably won’t be able to answer most of them because I’m very new to all this. :^)

So last night I was thinking yeah, I’m going to tell someone what I’m going through! Wow it is a lot harder than that I’m so dumb 😂  can’t really see me telling anyone in the future at all! And like I’m still figuring this out so what’s the rush??? Yeah wow

hey @Ummmm_what, I am really sorry to hear that you are struggling to talk about what you are going through, i understand how scary it can be, you should be really proud of yourself for wanting to tell someone - just remeber though, you are not dumb for not being able to talk about your struggles, sometimes our personal struggles are the hardest ones to discuss with people close to us. Remember that you are allowed to take things at your own pace, and this is s afe space to talk about things that may be hard to talk about Smiley Happy

Hey @Ummmm_what 

Yeah it can be really hard to open up about certain things. That is something I can relate to. It's important to take your time and open up to friends/ family when you feel ready. Like you said there is no rush. 

It's pretty normal to question your sexuality. It's also pretty normal to be "attracted" to certain people - and it doesn't necessarily mean you want to be romantically involved with them. I'm a female and I can think of both men and women who I've been drawn to, not because I "like like" them, but because I like their company and value them as a person. So some of what your feeling towards this girl could be just that - a desire to be around them because you enjoy their company. It could also be something more - but I guess you'll figure that out soon enough Smiley Happy.

I'm also a straight female and can still look at another woman and think she is incredibly beautiful! 

It seems like you found it really beneficial to get this off your chest though. I think you might also really benefit from discussing some of this stuff with a professional support service, such as KHL as @TOM-RO linked you earlier. Getting things off your chest can help a lot!

Hey @Ummmm_what 

It must be confusing to feel that way at the moment. Thank you for your honesty. 

Here is a link to QLife, they provide anonymous peer support and advice for people wanting to talk about gender and sexuality. You may or may not find it helpful but thought I would share it with you. 

https://qlife.org.au/

At the end of the day we are all humans and it shouldn't matter what label others  or we put on ourselves Smiley Happy