cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Six Pack!

@fosterthepeople wrote:

I think the point is we can all try and be that little bit healthier. Whether that's doing one push up a day or 30 push ups a day. It's a step in the right direction.

Having said this, I hear that getting abs is 80% to do with your diet and 20% with exercise. Smiley Happy

Anywho, I hear it's recommended that people get 30 minutes of moderate/intense exercise for 4 or more days.

I've been trying to do at least a good 5-10 minutes a day just before I head off from home.

If quitting smoking is anything like this, then I think I can understand how hard it is to quit.   

One of the most important things about exercise (and eating well and quitting smoking... and pretty much all health related behaviours!) is to have a good attitude (know WHY you want to do something, and make sure it's a positive goal you are aiming for) know HOW you are going to do it (EG, saying you'll use an ab twister when they cost 1 bajillion million dollars probably aint too helpful... setting simple steps to get yourself there is important) and lastly knowing WHEN you will fit it in (instead of telling yourself 'I will get up early and do some exercise' be more specific about it "I will get up at 6.45 and once I've had a small breakfast I will go for a 15 minute run".) 

.................And that's just about everything I have learned at uni so far this year!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.
Highlighted

Great advice Rosie!

Yeah, getting in shape for summer is something I've been thinking about as well. Although, I find it helpful to approach diet and fitness goals by keeping a really positive motivation in mind. For example, instead of telling myself that i need to get fit so i look good at the beach in summer, i tell myself that i should exercise more because i deserve to have a fit and healthy body.

Because when it comes down to it, your body is just a container for the person you are and changing the outside doesn't necessarily change the person inside. We all deserve to be fit and healthy and to be the best possible version of ourselves that we can be.

I'd also like to suggest finding something that you enjoy doing. For me, exercising with friends works best. I have some friends that I meet at the gym and I'm much more likely to go if i know i'm meeting someone there.

did you get the 6 pack yet ?

i just got one today from dan murphys. it was that easy Smiley Happy

jokes. i don't think i've ever walked into a dan murphy store

i may have drove passed one though. but i guess that doesn't really count.