Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for:

1. Falling asleep

2. Getting good sleep

This past week I have had a lot of trouble with these two things so I was curious if anyone has things that work for them that they can share.

These are the things that I have found to help me with sleeping so far:

1. Reading in bed

2. Exercising during the day

3. Drinking a glass of milk before bed

4. Avoiding electronic screens late at night

Thanks Heart

Re: Sleep

hey @Jardin

those are some good things so far ! i will also say that maybe an hour before you could to bed dim the lights so your body knows that you’re getting ready for bed. also having a good sleep routine is a good idea too, do you have one ? 

Hey @litgym, thanks for the suggestion Heart I think that will help heaps. 

I sorta have a sleep routine- I brush my teeth and then hop in bed to read for half an hour or so. 

im glad you liked my suggestion Smiley Happy @Jardin

maybe give a go speaking to the Kids Helpline or Headspace about your sleep issues. if you continue having bad sleeps talking to your local GP may be a good ideaHeart

hello @Jardin and thanks for sharing your tips

i also find doing an activity to help me wind down is helpful like reading a book, or doing a crossword puzzle or more recently crochetting.
also listening to music or a meditation exercise helps me as well.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @scared01, those are great suggestions. I have always wanted to try crochetting- maybe now is the time Smiley Happy

its really good @Jardin i didnt think id like it but i havent stopped since i started

Do you do it while watching some tv @scared01? If I gave it a go, I would probably catch up on some of my favourite shows while crocheting. 

lol nooo i concentrate to much. i usually have music on or tv that i dont mind kinda listening too @Jardin. its pretty fiddly

ha ha yeah @scared01, I would have to concentrate quite a bit too- especially when I'm just getting the hang of things. Just having the music and TV for background noice is a good idea- I wouldn't want to be in complete silence.