cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I cheated on my BF he found out and we're split

So he's my first bf my first crush, I stuffed up bc I got talking to another boy, we swapped deets and began to message, I told him I thought I was getting feelings for him, nec thing my BF messages for me to explain (and sent me the screenshot of conversation me and this boy had) now he hates me. the othr boy sent me a nasty message saying he thought I was singl but apparently not. I have guilt and shame I feel so bad about it all. all my school friends will be laughing and calling me a slut  I know it was wrong he had found out before I could tell him I had feelings for someone else,  I feel like I will never get past this and I will never be trusted again

Highlighted

Re: So I cheated on my BF he found out and we're split

im so sorry this is happening and I kind of get what ur going through. we all catch feelings and its totally albite to lose them too and catch new ones. what you did was not cheating to my belief, it was not like you started dating this boy or lied about being single either. just remember that we are here to support you and if ur friends do things such as calling you a slut, they aren't true friends. trust.

Hey @scamper 

Welcome to ReachOut Heart I'm sorry to hear something like this has happened in your life but I want to assure you that lots of people have these experiences and everyone makes choices they later regret - especially during your first relationship. I know the guilt and shame you're feeling right now must be really overwhelming - is there anyone in your life you can tell this to that will support you? 

I want you to know that it isn't okay for your friends to bully you or name call. If your friends aren't the best people to support you through this time, do you think you can reach out to someone in your family? Heart 

We're thinking of you.

Hi @scamper 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry that you are going through a rough situation. I will say that I think it is brave what you have done by bringing this up as it shows you trying to be honest about it Smiley Happy. Which is a great quality to have. 

What was the relationship like with these two boys? I'm interested in what you have to share Smiley Happy

my mom has tried - she said I should apologise (which I did but I've been blocked) she loves me and gave a hell of a lecture about online and cybe safety, had my insta deleted gave me hugs and has been rlly supporting.   I saw him at school tday and he ignored/ blanked me - while all our year group are aksing me akward questions about why we split ( I cant stand the drama and hate telling others whats happened today was not a good a ay and I think it will be like this again tomorrow

how do  I cope with the feeling of dread and embarrassment I wish I could be swallowed up 

Hey @scamper 

It sounds like you got a mum who really cares for you Heart 

That would have been a difficult day at school. I can sense the dread of going to school and I remember how yucky that feeling is. Is there anything you'd feel comfortable saying to your year group when you get asked awkward questions? 

It's must be really hard dealing with the dread and embarrassment you're feeling right now. It's not fair that everyone is talking about your relationship but it will pass. Take deep breaths and do some nice things for yourself throughout the day at school. Do you have any friends that can support you at school? 

theres boys in my class who are his friends and they keep asking why we broke up, what did I do all those and I nearly cried in class and wanted to die they made sure everyone could hear they are all talking and I just wnt the drama to end I hate myself for what I did. it feels like all my friends have pushed me out they know what ive done and at lunch they walked away when i sat down idk if theyre my real friends none of them have asked if im ok just about what I did
my ma tells me ive got this im brave and should not forget to breathe she is trying to make me feel better but she doesnt understand my anxiety is making me not wnat to even go to school anymore

there rlly no one at school they all hate me and just pretened at the weekend so they could call me slut and talk about me behind my back I am on my own. like toatally theres nothing I can say to any of them

Oh @scamper I'm so sorry to hear about the day you're having at school. It's hard enough going through a break up - the last thing you need is to be targeted by your friend group. Have you had a chance to tell them how this is making you feel? 

I'm just wondering if there's a school counsellor you'd feel comfortable seeing? It might be a good idea to get some support for during school hours. 

We're here for you Heart You mentioned wanting to die, I just want to check in with you and make sure you're safe right now?