cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social media apps

Hi everyone , 

Im a uni student.

Alternatives to Facebook.

Facebook is an invasive app and it feels like I'm in a mall.

How to keep in touch with work in organize manner ?

Right now I limit it sizing down on social media. Gmail works for me.

Re: Social media apps

@BunnyWalks

I'm a bit of a social media junky! I personally use the following:

WhatsApp - its basically texting but uses your phones data instead of text. I find this is great for group messages.

Slack - it's a cross between Facebook messenger and WhatsApp. You invite people to a chat feed via email and then within that big feed you can have small specific chats. 

Twitter - I just like to tweet things and it's fun following celebrities.

Instagram - Twitter but for photos and short videos. 

and of course Facebook Smiley Happy

You can also just use Facebook messenger without using Facebook as whole which is helpful, I have a few study groups chats on Facebook messenger but I don't actually have the people as friends on Facebook. 

At the end of the day it's what works for you and what you feel meets your requirements. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

@ErinsAntics

Whatsapp makes it impossible to have boundaries since it's free.

Is it a realistic to stop these apps ?

I argee those apps suck @BunnyWalks. I try to keep contact through phone numbers but if everyone is using Facebook you don't want to be left out etc. The only reason why I have 'social media' is to keep in touch with those I don't have numbers for. I never post anything on them. 

Is it realistic to stop using these apps? Yes and no. Yes if everyone you know is not using it and no if everyone know you is using it. And if you're into privacy then What's App is the way to go because they don't store your messages and everything is encrypted I believe.

I thought FB bought whatsapp and privacy is a joke as your number is shared on the display. I've gotten text from a rando bot.

Telegram is an alternative to whatsapp but haven't tried.

@BunnyWalks - if privacy is a concern, apps like Telegram, or Wickr, are great for ensuring your security and avoiding advertising.  Give them a go! 

I think cutting down on social media use is a goal for a lot of us these days -  for so many reasons!  Good luck  Smiley Happy

Everyone is lying to me on Instagram.

@BunnyWalks 

I know this is hard to believe but everyone is not lying to you on Instagram, people just let people see what they want people to see and therefore don't post the bad parts of their lives. An important thing to remember is that yes their lives might look perfect from the photographs but I guarantee you that their lives are not always like what is shown. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ErinsAntics

I was just in a moment of frustration.

Yeah people are selective of their lives they want to show. Bumps are personal and may include not very proud moments. It's their business.

I just have to not get jealous when people are celebrating their good days.

@BunnyWalks 

Jealousy is healthy and it's good to acknowledge, feeling jealous is only human 😊

You need to remind yourself that the photo just one moments of their lives and they want to share their joy with the world. No one ever sees the bad broken moments.