cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something good today

Right now I'm really stuck and finding it hard to acknowledge that there are good things going on. So I wanted to find something every day to be grateful for or just acknowledge that it was good. 

I hope as I find the good things going on I'll be less stuck and less determined to end my life. My psychiatrist today said I need to build the 'living' pathways in my brain instead of the 'suicide' pathway. 

Feel free to add to this too. I know there are other threads similar to this so you don't have to. 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: Something good today

My something good was a long hot shower when I was starting to stress. It calmed me down and I didnt need extra meds. I really love how I was able to calm myself down, showers are amazing.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Sitting quietly with a cup of tea, watching the rain and listening to my favourite band, chilling with awesome people on RO
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

This is such a beautiful thread @redhead, thank you for creating it!

My something good today is having the house to myself for a few hours and being able to do some colouring and enjoy a cup of tea Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

I really appreciate this thread @redhead. It is so important to recognise these things and I am battling with it too. It is very hard some days, especially just trying to find the motivation to do some things. 

The good things going on for me right now is that my GP was able to support me with a letter of evidence to go with my uni deferring application. So I'm happy about that because I was really stressed. 

My sister also showed me this old school game we used to play as kids that we can now play on our phones and I am really enjoying that. 

I'm working on finding the little small and simple good things day to day so I think this thread would be great. Smiley Happy thanks 

@j95 I know things are really tough for you today, is there anything good you can think of.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hi @redhead!

Great idea for a post!

This is so important to think about! 

My something good today is that I got to see my best friend! She lives about 3-4 hours away now so I don't get to see her as often but it was so good to see her. I appreciate my close friends Smiley Very Happy 

1. Sunshine and tea, a nice moment enjoying the simple things.

2. Playing with brand new magic decks at my best mates whilst enjoying an energy drink.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Getting meds that calmed me when I was triggered.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Being able to stay at my best mates for a few days so I didnt have to go home.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire