cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start again

I want to get out of here and start a new life, away from all the bad stuff going on in My life here. So much to run from but nowhere to go. I have all these dreams and goals about moving away but I know I can't make it happen
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Start again

Hey @j95 

While running away from some things in life isn't always the answer, what is stopping you from making a plan to move?

lanejane

@j95  I second what @lanejane  said - why don't you think you can make it happen? Sometimes it's hard to achieve everything we want all at once, so perhaps it would help if you broke it into steps?

@lanejane @tsnyder
I don't know, just seems a lot easier than it really is. I feel like leaving here would be leaving so much of the bad behind, which is I want to do. But I have things like my job here that I love, I can't leave that. It just seems easier to stay here and keep dealing with it all, as much as I hate it, just keep trudging along. But then I think why should I stay here when there is a new life waiting for me somewhere?

@j95 I kinda went what you are going through and what I did was find a reason (I chose uni) and made the most of it. No one knows I why I chose what I did except my mum and that was also my choice but as it was something I felt the need to do I feel much better for it. 

My advice.... take your passion and run with it, take any opportunity that interests you and do it for you. thats the only way to do it. It's for you and no else.

Hope that helps.

Nat8

@Nat8 thanks, my passions are landscaping, and music. I have to leave all this mess behind for me and not anyone else. It's not about other people.
Highlighted

@j95  If you ever feel the need to talk about it or need help with it - happy to help in any way I can (I've been living away from home for over a year now)

Thanks @Nat8 I have lived out of home for ages now. Actually haven't lived "at home" with my parents since I was about 16. Thanks!

Hi @j95  -   Believe in yourself and that everything will work out what you put your mind to. One of my cousins bought this affirmation poster for me last year, and I have it displayed in the study. Looks at me every morn! Cat LOL

Think of the old Nike slogan too! - "Just Do It"!!

So true!! Go get your dreams, and make new tracks.

Hahaha awks.........even so I still left stuff behind when i left (hence the offer)