cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Starting Year 12

@roseisnotaplant I think the most important thing I can say about year 12 is to do your best but don't let the stress of school consume you. Your marks and ATAR don't define you or your success and know that everyones path is a little different. 

Make the most of the time you have at school creating memories with your friends and favourite teachers because I know its something that to this day I still miss as everyones schedules are different when you finish school. I also miss my old schools canteen because it was sooo cheap compared to the cafe near my work lol. 

In regards to studying, I found colour coding and mind maps really helpful to learn my syllabuses and actually trying to tell/teach my parents what I was learning at school a really helpful way to wrap my head around a certain topic because it makes to practice being concise and to the point, especially if they have no prior knowledge of the topic. 

Also take as many photos as you can of anything and everything in class or with your friends because its so nice to look back on them in a few years time. 

Hope starting Year 12 was good! I graduated in 2015 and it was one of the greater years of high school cause you can be friends with your teachers and you can feel your grade really coming together this year since you're all going through this massive shift. My advice, alongside the others, is to make the most of this year. Take up teachers' offers on helping you out, join study groups, stay back after school and study with your friends, take breaks together. Year 12 is a great year to make the most of your time left in high school

Thank you for the advice everyone!

@N1ghtW1ng I picked subjects based on that philosophy, so I'm doing studio art and music and that kind of thing Smiley Happy I am doing maths to 'keep my options open' so I'll probably struggle with that a little, as well as with literature, because I do like it but it's VERY HARD. Anyways. Good to see you my dude <3

Hey @roseisnotaplant I hope year 12 is going well so far! I definitely found it to be a really exciting but also hectic year! It's great that you're doing some subjects that you love - that would have been my advice too. I also did studio arts and found it to be such a great creative outlet throughout the year Smiley Happy

hope your finding yr 12 alright @roseisnotaplant Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**