cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stimming

Gonna try and revive this thread hopefully Smiley Very Happy

I've discovered a type of stim toy that seems to be working really well for me at the moment- squishy silicon things! Things like these are super fun to play with and the small dinosaurs and lizards can also fit in pockets!:

WIN_20190926_16_50_20_Pro.jpg

Only downside is the plastic for packaging and manufacturing Smiley Sad

Also the dinosaurs stick to walls which means you can pretend to throw poke balls at the wall and bam a little lizard appears out of nowhere Smiley Wink

I'm curious to hear about any new stim toys anyone recently got or a recent favourite Smiley Happy

Tagging few members who have participated in this thread before: @Tiny_leaf @MisoBear @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @mrmusic @N1ghtW1ng 

Nice idea @not-an-otter!

I haven't really got any stims, but I will suggest playing with sand. Sculpting is very theraputic, and I made a giant mermaid at the beach today.

@not-an-otter yay!!!

I've seen those, I have a frog shaped one!!

Hmm.... 

One of my favorites is a tube of glitter, kinda like a snow globe but super sparkly!!

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx oooo, and kinetic sand's really good for that as well!.

I'd personally really like to get my hands on some fidget jewelry, or sensory clothes like a weighted vest though.

That’s interesting @Tiny_leaf!

A weighted vest... can you find a pic online for me? I don’t know what they are...

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

Weighted vests are used for people that have problems with sensory input, and commonly we need some extra sensory input through feeling and pressure, so the weighted vest can put pressure where the person needs it. 

It's like clenching a fist- just putting the pressure on parts of the body can relieve some distress and help with calming down and to focus.

Some examples of weighted vests look a bit like this: 

Pressure Vest - Medium GreenHope this helps a bit Smiley Happy

Thank you @not-an-otter.

I couldn’t actually see the pic or link you posted, so I just looked one up. They’re pretty cool! Smiley Happy

@not-an-otter I like stretchies!! So fun!

I also love tangles! They are curved pieces which are clipped together and they can be spun around and moved so the tangle is in different shapes. You can even take them apart easily and change them up Smiley Happy

I use them during my psychologist session and it helps me cope

Image result for tangles

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart
Highlighted

I just remembered this really cool thing you can do with home-made playdough that makes it even better for stimming with.

You can add essential oils/ dried rosemary or even shampoo for the smell, plus stuff like uncooked rice, dried rosemary or even dehydrated peas to give it texture. 

It feels really weird and smells nice. 

Plus of course you can dye it if you want:

Image result for play dough recipes

Wow I really need to make some now..