cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Struggling with being Pansexual

That really sucks @Cheeseburger and I am sorry to hear that your friends have behaved that way. It may not help right now but just know that you will find friends who accept you for who you are. It is really amazing to hear that your parents support you. That is so very valuable! Smiley Happy

@Taylor-RO my parents accept me for who I am, they wouldn’t care if I was a lesbian, but honestly I’m struggling with things Rn, and I have no one else besides my parents to talk to, it’s hurting as I need a friend to lean on, but I guess I never will have a friend, but that’s the story of my life with friends, they use and abuse me, but I knew I wasn’t straight for a few years just didn’t know how to tell my parents, I finally got the courage to tell them last year, and I was nervous as hell about it.

im never gonna find real friends, or happiness as the person I was crushing on, said that I was ugly and I should go hurt myself, I can’t find anyone anymore😭

That is great that you told your parents! You are right, it takes a lot of courage. You are so brave. Have you thought of explaining your sexuality to your friends? I know when we are young, sometimes we fear or reject what is new and unfamiliar. I understand if this is not an option or if you are feeling uncomfortable given their initial reaction.. just wondering.

That must have been really tough to hear from someone, especially a friend. Are you feeling safe after remembering that hurtful comment?

@Taylor-RO I have tried explaining my sexuality to my friends but they don’t wanna hear it, they say I can msg them but when I do they don’t reply, honestly I’m starting to think I’m better of going back to having no one.

And yea I’m ok from that comment, but late at night bcuz of everything I’ve been going through, it makes me think that their right, I don’t belong in the world

@Cheeseburger it's so hurtful when friends aren't being supportive, I'm sorry they haven't been replying to your messages Smiley Sad Have you tried talking to them about this in person? You definitely do belong in this world, I'm sorry to hear it doesn't feel like it at the moment. Just wanted to say you are a valued member of the RO community and it takes a lot of courage to be so open with the people around you <3

What are some ways you can stay safe today?

@May_  I slept today, bcuz when I’m sleeping I have no problems, and everyone likes me, but I can’t speak to some off my friends in person as they don’t live in the same country, but it’s been hard, I have only had one friend who hasn’t stopped talking to me, honestly with how I’m feeling I’m feeling that I should just do what they want and date guys only....😰 I’m missing my friends so much

and I stayed safe today thanks to one friend constantly telling me that he’ll miss me, but it’s hard as I only have him.....I just wanna find one person to accept me and so I can call my own, as I’m really sad that I can’t call someone my own😰😰😭😭

and I’m trying to be open but it’s hard sometimes, especially when all u want to do is give up, but I have been coming on here and talking about it, and it’s helping a bit, but late at night my depression starts to take over😰😰

@Cheeseburger  sleeping can be a great strategy. 

And hearing nice things from your friend can be really helpful too! 

It's really important for all of us to think about things we can do to stay safe by ourselves, as we dont' always have people around us. 

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling like giving up - apart from coming on here, what can you do when you feel that way? 

There is an article we have here with ideas , and a picture here with lots of ideas - perhaps you could choose one or two from these  to try?

@gina-RO I’m feeling a bit better lately, since my best friend told me something, but if, I didn’t have him, I probably wouldn’t get outta bed, bcuz now I’m being told I’m not Pansexual

@gina-RO I’m feeling a bit better lately, since my best friend told me something, but if, I didn’t have him, I probably wouldn’t get outta bed, bcuz now I’m being told I’m not Pansexual

He said that he needs me around for he laughs I give him, and he can’t lose another friend, and he said that if I left him he would be sad, and he said my family would be too, so I’m not leaving ima try and keep my head up and #staystrong

I'm so sorry to hear that your experience of being pansexual is being invalidated like that @Cheeseburger.  Your experience is your own, and you're allowed to feel however you do, no matter what other people say. Sending you lots of good vibes Smiley Happy

I'm glad that you're trying to keep your head up. What might that look like, do you reckon? How can we support you in this? Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //