cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Study Stress? Create a profile to cope!

Pick a gif that represents your relationship with study at the moment

I couldn't pick 1. But these 2 feel relevant.

1. I feel like most of the information I learned and did spun around in my head and is now archived someplace within my brain. Sometimes trying to access it, it's like I'm lost in a haze of memories of the topic.

2. That's a wrap because my Course finish date was August 1st Smiley Happy

Tell us a little bit about your studies

I finished my Cert 4 in Accounting & Bookkeeping through TAFE online. Studying online meant I had a LOT of flexibility in my learning and pace, which was good, but at times hard because I had to often find a fair bit of learning content myself as some units were information poor.

What do you enjoy about your studies?

I think I enjoyed playing around with fake businesses the most. What I mean by this is creating the financial documents for fake businesses which would be marked by the teachers. I had to create documents both in an accounting program and excel (I have now come to appreciate and like excel after using it so in-depth!)

What are the signs that you are stressed from studying/experiencing study stress?

- I would tell the program off I was using, or I would tell the assessment off.

- I couldn't walk away - when I get stressed over a problem, I tend to say I give up, but then 5 minutes later I'm back at it trying to figure it out. I don't tend to comprehend the "Take a break and come back later" notion - Whooops

- Thinking ONLY about the study

- Not being able to enjoy other things - because my brain was so full

What are your top study stress busters/coping strategies?

- Take breaks! - YOUR BRAIN WILL THANK YOU!

- Don't try to do too much in one hit, schedule smaller sessions

- Schedule in something fun after your study session.

Set a goal for managing study stress!

I currently don't have study stress but I have work stress, so my goal is going to be to try and look at the bigger picture instead of focusing on the details.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hey guys

Image result for study gifsImage result for study gifsRelated imageImage result for study gifsImage result for study gifsImage result for study gifsImage result for study gifsImage result for study gifsImage result for study gifsImage result for study gifs

@Jess1-RO This is a great activity! 

Pick a gif that represents your relationship with study at the moment.

giphy.gif

Sometimes I study for way too long without taking breaks.

Tell us a little bit about your studies.

I just completed my undergraduate studies in business administration majoring in human resources management and psychology. Currently I'm taking a break from studying and trying to do more practical work to gain experience and life skills before starting my postgraduate studies in clinical psych.

I like that you can mostly choose whatever you want to study at university, usually without too many restrictions or prerequisites.

What are the signs that you are stressed from studying/experiencing study stress?

• Cannot concentrate well.
  • Eyes feel strained or tired.
  • Feeling lightheaded or drowsy.

• Intermittently go and play piano every half an hour or so.
  • Scheduling time periods for studying and relaxing/doing leisure activities.

• Go to the library to be able to concentrate better and be in a comfortable, non-distracting environment.

I am currently a year 9 student
Have trouble remembering school related content
And study a lot but still can't remember
I have failed my all 3 of my Math tests so far from 1 mark
Everything else has been pretty goo ATM though
I am currently setting my goal to study an extra 20-30 minutes
Hope all is well

Hey @Dyl, that sounds like a great goal. A good way to make sure we can acheive our goals is to set them using the SMART method. Image result for smart goals

If we were to set you a smart goal around your study, what would that look like? 

Pick a gif that represents your relationship with study at the moment

Image result for busy gif

I'm studying psychology and currently completing my research project

I love psychology, I find it fascinating and I'm hoping one day I can help people!

I start to feel very irritable. Little noises will set me off and everything feels too hard.

Using the Smiling Mind app to do a quick meditation when I feel myself becoming irritated (yes, I do close my eyes and meditate in public, even on public transport).

I also like to take a bath where I just chill out if I have time.

I'm going to set a SMART goal

I am going to spend 10 minutes per day this week organising my uni on my Todoist account in order to have a detailed plan of action for each day. Each night I will spend review my to do list and cross off task I have done and reprioritise for the next day. 

I am studying for a Bachelor in Counselling. I am currently in my second out of 3 years of the degree and I am really enjoying it! I've learned so much about other people, why and how others think and even more about myself and how I relate to others. My perception and understanding on mental health and how to relate to others has increased so much. 

I enjoy learning about different theorists and different counseling modalities. I also enjoy the social aspect, meeting like-minded individuals and creating great friendships. 

I get very teary. Easily upset and talk non-stop about assignments because I can't switch off my brain about what is stressing me. 

Going outside

Art

Journalling

Seeing a friend for a walk

Talking things out with my partner

My goal for this trimester is to prioritize self-care.  Know that I can not spread myself so thin and please everyone, do everything and still expect to achieve the marks of my (very high) standards. Self-care, self-care, self-care!!!!

im not currently studying so its abit hard to answer those questions but im liking reading how others are travelling with theirs
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@MisoBear thank you for sharing the gif about SMART goals. What a great resource and tool for everyone to use.
Very much appreciated.

Hi everyone, I am loving reading through the study stress profiles Heart Learning so many new ideas to manage my own study stress too! Get ready for a lonnggg post, here are some things that stood out to me in your profiles! Smiley Very Happy

@Esperanza67 I really like the idea about talking to others about study stress. Particularly someone who can relate to the experience of study stress! So important to vent it out or brain dump sometimes Smiley Happy 

@Bananatime04 It sounds like study time is also competing with a number of other important priorities in your life at the moment. I definitely agree with you about taking regular breaks, it can make a huge difference. Would love to hear more about your stress toys, there might be other people here who can add these to their list of strategies too!

@May_ I love this: "Reminding myself that is it okay and normal to not be able to fit everything in" Heart 

@Claire-RO Walking away from study and coming back at a later sounds like a really good strategy to manage study stress! Come back with fresh eyes and a fresh perspective Smiley Happy

@not-an-otter it sounds like there is a real sense of achievement that you enjoy about studying Smiley Happy I would love to hear how you go with working on time efficiency too- any tips you find helpful I am sure our community would love to learn from!

@Bee Congratulations on finishing your course- such a huge achievement to come out the other side of the study tunnel Smiley Happy I really loved your goal: "try and look at the bigger picture instead of focusing on the details.". Such good advice for study, and life in general! I think this also ties into what @May_ mentioned about it being okay to not fit everything in; if we focus on all the details sometimes we spend so much time that we miss other important aspects of life! 

@Dyl All the study gifs are AMAZING! Love the variety of different reactions to study! 

@drpenguin I really love your gif choice too! It is so easy to completely lose track of time and get stuck in the study time loop! 

@MisoBear SMART goals are a fantastic suggestion! Chilling out with Smiling Mind meditation sounds like a great balance. Also love that you are using your travel times for self care too- great use of this time!

@statuscaring "Self-care, self-care, self-care!!!!" Yes! So important Smiley Happy I would love to hear what sorts of things you will be doing to prioritise self care this trimester? We've seen a few people in this activity mention competing priorities and trying to fit so much into the week- it sounds like you have recognised that for you self care is also about not trying to do everything Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here
Highlighted

Thanks @Jess1-RO Smiley Happy
That is true, right now I know I'm spending too much time focusing and
worrying about details when taking a step back to look at the bigger
picture would be more helpful for my mental health and overall wellbeing.

(Email reply)

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart