cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: I'm terrified about the future

Hey, sorry I haven't replied in a while, I just felt anxious about it and I've also felt embarrassed about some things I've written. I was wondering if I can delete this forum so I can put it behind me, because with things returning to normal in Victoria I feel more calm and positive. I feel like now I'll be okay approaching the end of the year and beyond. I can still make another forum, but it can just be one for sharing positivity happening in our lives. Thanks for putting up with me, I'm sorry for being negative before but I feel a bit better now.

Highlighted

Hello @Bento , I am glad to hear that you are feeling more calm and positive now as you approach next year. You don't need to apologise for feeling upset in your previous posts, this year has been extremely hard for everyone in some way, and ReachOut welcomes everyone to post about what is on their mind - whether that is something negative or positive- as we want to support everyone the best way we can.Heart I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling embarrassed about some of the previous things you have posted, that must not be a nice way to feel.  

I am not completely sure about deleting your account as the community managers normally deal with these sorts of enquiries. I can pass this request on to the community managers for you if you would like, and they can get back to you about it. Are you wanting to delete your account @Bento ?
Highlighted

Hi @Bento I’m so so glad to hear that you’ve been feeling better recently. It has been a really tough time in lockdown so sharing some of your negative thoughts was completely justified. It’s nice to hear that you’re focusing more on the positives now! 

Highlighted

Actually, you know what? I'm not feeling all fine now. Because I know that people will still not be happy, and everyone still hates 2020 even as it's coming to an end; I'm worried that it will be too hard to move on. I've tried so hard to survive the last 12 months and stay strong, but now I have to wonder if it was worth it when I now have to deal with the long term trauma. I've become a more cynical and stressed person than ever before, and nothing good that has happened this year can even come close to redeeming the year in the eyes of the public; whenever something bad happens everyone brings attention to it, but people almost never acknowlegede when something good happens. Its like they just take it for granted, dismissing it as insignificant, and wallow in all the terrible stuff. What if I come out of the year exactly the same as I started it? I really want to be less stressed next year, and adopt a more calm and clear mindset. I don't really believe in New Years resolutions because I think that if you want to change something about yourself, do it now instead of putting it off. But I have literally not had a chance to destress all year, and I don't know if next year I'll have much more luck. And of course many people have been screwed over this year, possibly forever, and they might never be able to do all the amazing things they really wanted to do, but are too late. Life is not fair; all too often I hear of good honest people having their life fall apart when they've done nothing wrong; they've just been betrayed by the world. It makes me wonder if I'll end up like that too, and even if I don't, I'll feel too bad for all the people who just got rotten luck to feel truly happy.

Highlighted

Hello @Bento, I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling fine anymore. I can understand the worries and concerns that you have been having. This year has been very hard for most of us, and I can understand how you have been feeling stressed out. As you mentioned, you have been so strong over the last twelve months to get to this point. Is there anything in particular that has helped you get through these stressful times over the last year? I am sorry to hear that you are feeling as though life is unfair. It sounds like you things are difficult for you at the moment. Do you have anyone around you that you feel comfortable talking to about how you are feeling? Do you have anything planned for tonight that might help you feel less stressed?
Highlighted

I feel a bit better now, but of course I know by now it's better to be safe than sorry. The past week I've actually been in a pretty good mood most of the time. Last night we visited some family for the first time in a while, and I was being chatty and sociable, having a good time with the others. I've still been mostly hanging out at home, doing things like drawing, playing games and watching anime, so the usual. It was just today suddenly a wave of sadness overwhelmed me as I started thinking back on the year and how distressed I felt, and clearly I haven't been able to get over it yet. But the good news is in a week me and my Mum are going away for the weekend, because we've been waiting a long time to be able to go away and destress. Also I'm going to see a live concert in January, it will be the first one I've seen in a year and a half, so hopefully that will be fun. Also I'm happy that it's Christmas time, because I still have a soft spot for Christmas; I like getting gifts for the family and just the vibe of the season in general. I know for a lot of people Christmas is a time where they feel more depressed and it can be a hard time for them, but thankfully for me I associate Christmas as a positive thing that I have to look forward to at the end of each year.

Highlighted

Heya @Bento I'm so happy to hear you've been doing okay, given the stuff you've been feeling around the year it has been. I've been thinking about the year too - it has been a huge one. Don't be too hard on yourself for still reflecting on how distressing it has been, it's okay to feel sad about that. But onto your good news!! And that is the best news ever, getting away is so important after a hard time. I just did the same and I feel like a new person. I hope you really get to destress and enjoy yourself. Also so exciting about the live concert! I can't wait to see a live gig again. It sounds like the Christmas period is going to be super enjoyable, I also love Christmas time Smiley Happy Do you and your family get up to anything special that you're especially looking forward to? 

Highlighted

Agreed with @Bre-RO it has been an incredibly tough year. I’m still trying to shake off the anxiety and stress as well. It’s so nice to hear you’re looking forward to things towards the end of the year. My mum and I love Christmas as well (we go a bit overboard with christmas carols and decorations). So exciting to hear about the gig as well! I can’t wait to do more of that next year. 

Highlighted

2020 has really been a tough year and when we look back on it, we’ll probably find we're more emotional than everCat Sad. But I think it is fantastic that you already have exciting plans for the weekend, and even for JanuaryHeartHeart. As for me, I can’t wait to hang out with my friends and travel again, and therefore am planning a road trip.

Talking of Christmas, it is my favourite time of the year. I love the food, Christmas trees and Christmas songs… I too love shopping for gifts for my family and friendsSmiley LOL!!! For me personally, Christmas is a celebration of birth and rebirth and coincidentally, many Covid restrictions are easing (meaning that life will return to normal after ChristmasRobot tongue?!)