cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Tell us one good thing about your 2020!

I love this thread so much! It has made my day to read all the things our community has been able to reflect on this year.

One good thing this year has been consolidating all the relationships I have in life with my partner and his little boy, my family, my friends and my workmates. This year reminded me just how lucky I am to have quality people around me Heart

Highlighted

@clarii3105 Amazing thread! I was supposed to go on exchange this year and so that never happened. But some things happened which were very worthwhile and I'm happy with how everything went.

1. I was able to spend a lot of quality time getting to know my friends through lockdown

2. I was able to spend more time on hobbies and fun things like watching movies with my dad

3. My family adopted a new puppy! @Bre-RO so I'm definitely familiar with the pee issue! Smiley LOL

4. I was in Australia for my boyfriend and I's 5th year anniversary Heart

Highlighted

Also @jlw13 that's awesome that you've been able to do a family law placement! I'm also studying law and studied family law last semester. How did you like it?

Highlighted

@StormySeas17 No way, that's so cool! I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was such a rewarding experience! Definitely very eye opening but it was fantastic knowing how much you can assist someone when they're going through a rough patch with those arguably closest to them. It was also such a great way to learn how the Family Court operates. Would definitely recommend a placement if you ever get the chance Smiley Happy

Highlighted

What an amazing thread idea!! It's so important to acknowledge and reflect on the positives of the year  Heart

One thing I did was started learning for the sake of learning something new and not just working towards a grade. I used to love learning about new topics and subjects but that somehow got lost over the past year so I'm glad its returned!! 

Highlighted

@Spicypumpkin That's amazing! I struggle with the exact same problem sometimes re: uni work, then I remind myself I'm doing my degree by choice and that I should relax a lil and enjoy the learning process, and if not, what am I doing?! Just changing your perspective on your study can definitely make a huge difference on your motivation and happiness (and your grade!)

Highlighted

@jlw13 I did my placement at a refugee and indigenous/human rights lawfirm! So I totally understand the feeling of helping those who can't find help otherwise Smiley Very Happy Was yours with a community legal centre? I'm actually interested in family law too but more on the ADR side with mediation etc, even with relationships Australia.

Highlighted

A placement at a refugee and indigenous/human rights law firm sounds so interesting!!

Yes, mine was with a community legal centre! Oh yes, me too, would love to do a FDR Mediator course one day! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I think one of the best things that happened to me was starting my own Facebook page related to psychology and mental health knowledge for people in my country. I tend to believe that it is very hard for me to influence others and people do not think highly of me. I was like lets see how it goes and started without doubting about myself. It didn't do well the first 5 months with very low engagement. After 5 months, some of my content started blowing up and now I have nearly 20,000 followers; I am being even invited to be a speaker for youth events. So its normal to doubt about yourself but you will never know how it will be if you don't try it out.