cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Telling my parents I graduated

@N1ghtW1ng  I think it's great that you have time to chill! You deserve to feel good about yourself and your achievements. Smiley Happy

I'm glad that your parents are over some of the initial disappointment. Your life is not theirs to live. They will accept this in time.

Good to see you around @N1ghtW1ng, and congratulations on making the decision that you had to make for yourself! Smiley Very Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@N1ghtW1ng, looks like you've got some amazing advice and support on this thread. I'm glad you just "swallowed the frog" so to speak (getting the most unpleasant task out of the way so that you can move on to more pleasant things). I'm sorry your parents have been less than supportive of you. It's probably natural to go through these stages with new news (the anger, then the questioning). But I'm so proud you stuck up for yourself and told them anyway, and did what was best for you. What do you think would help in terms of dealing with your parents' current reactions?

Thanks @WheresMySquishy and @letitgo Smiley Happy

@MisoBear they've moved on to offering a ridiculous amount of suggestions now Smiley Happy But thank you Smiley Happy