cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: The best distraction???

Reading a book while listening to music is the best for me! XD

TV is the biggest distraction. I'm addicted to watching Gossip Girl and another stuff. It's more procrastination than distraction now that I think about it. Before important things like exams I like playing the piano. Like just before I leave to sit an exam I'll quickly hop on a play whatever while whoever might be driving me warms up the car. That really helps me relax and focus on something else that doesn't make me so nervous. 

On a side note, I tend to study with music on because it helps motivate me. When I'm concentrating though I can't even hear the music because my mind is all concentrated on the study. My mum thinks turning the music on in the first place is pointless if I can't hear it. 

I find exercise is usually pretty good - but then I tend to think about alot of stuff while I'm walking/running so it doesn't always work.. Also if I'm stressed or upset about something I'll usually sit down and play some songs on the piano....

Some great distraction strategies mentioned in this thread! Here's mine:

1) Music is my life. I have music on when I am studying, I have music on whilst on public transport and I have music on right now as I am surfing through the forums. 

2) Colouring-in. During my HSC, I did lots of colouring-in. The more severe the procrastination, the more satisfied I am with the end result of the colouring-in. Funny that huh? Regardless, colouring-in is great as a distraction, to increase effectiveness, have music on too. Smiley Happy

3) Chewing gum. It gives me something to do.