cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Three positives of today

Yeah I feel you about being unsure @Saltwaterdreamtime.. It can take a lot of guts to attend a local group if you ask me! And wow, a hammock... that is the ultimate relaxation tool haha!

My positives (inc. yesterday):
- I went out with some friends which was nice!
- I had bubble tea which is my favourite drink
- I talked to someone new while on my break Smiley Happy

Yeah I posted to the private fb group introducing myself and a few people replied. 
I’m feeling pretty elated, happy and just idk... good stuff after some family things tonight and I needed some time to chill on my own after it  @Taylor-RO 

1. Last night I was looking back through some of my old posts Especially around when I went to tafe and um wow, I really wasn’t having a good time, I’ve come far. 
2. I’m working across the road from a school and the kids were yelling out to me through the fence at recess and now again at lunch as I sit and eat my vegemite sandwich. I remember doing that kind of thing as a kid in school. Now I realise how weird it is and slightly uncomfortable that these children will probably go home and tell their parents they made friends with a man through the fence at school (I waved and that was it!). 
3. It such a nice day out. I forgot that I left surfboard wax in a container in my car and I just opened it and it has melted and formed again all weird 

@Saltwaterdreamtime  it must be a pretty amazing feeling being able to look back at old posts and see how far you've come - that is one awesome positive! 

My positives for today: 

1. Having some leftover sweet potato pie with my lunch! I baked it for our extended family thanksgiving celebrations on the weekend (my partner is from the USA), I make it every year and I reckon I've just about got it perfected! So good

2. Catching up with some friends later in the week who I haven't seen in ages

3. Getting a giant, real Xmas tree this weekend! I love that pine tree smell inside and small people are vv excited! 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here

Quite fascinating actually @Janine-RO I was mostly looking at my trade school posts and how every single week when Friday came around I was pretty miserable. I know that without looking at the posts, obviously, I remember, but to see it in writing I’m like yeah wow..... glad that part of my life is over! Doesn’t even feel like me when I read it. 

Never had a real Christmas tree but I feel like it’s my duty to go get a real one, lug it home and realise it doesn’t fit in the house, isn’t that part of the Dad Handbook Section 25: Christmas ??? 
But yeah . That’s sounds very exciting haha 

Also I just want to mention in my positives that we went for a walk around the creek yesterday evening and our small human got chased by a bird and it was horrible but also one of the funniest things I have ever seen, im a terrible person for laughing 

Hahaha those are some of my favourite parenting moments @Saltwaterdreamtime  (obviously as long as  nobody is hurt or really distressed!). You've gotta laugh in amongst all of the ridiculousness sometimes! And yep, the comically oversized tree is definitely a Dad rite of passage I reckon! 

There's always this solution

A Giant Christmas Tree | Christmas humor, Christmas memes, Christmas fun

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here

@Janine-RO He was trying to run but was wearing gum boots and also my skateboard helmet (don’t ask) so he just kept tripping over and the helmet was falling off hahahaha it was something 

@Saltwaterdreamtime  I'm studying psychology at the moment. The older girl is okay but the little boy has been a bit sick today Cat Sad We're keeping an eye on him though- hopefully it was just something he ate!

1. Finished catching up on my stats lectures- now I just need to study them, (and catch up on translation for latin)

2.The weather was so much nicer today where I am

3. Saw my psych today and it went okay

-1 I just got bitten by a spider as I was writing this Smiley LOL

1. At home today which is kind of nice because it is terrible day outside
2. Took my surfboard to one of our old neighbours who can do the repair for $50. I’m kind of annoyed that I have to pay for something I didn’t do I wish the guy that ran over it actually took responsibility for it. But I’m glad it can be fixed. It’s my favourite board. 

3. One of younger brothers who has been having a really hard time and I’ve been really worried about is organising to hopefully come visit this weekend. 
4. listening to Jack the fox while I get some work done