cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Three positives of today

I’m really having a tough time today so I’m doing my best to find some positives.

1. My partner recently made a homemade advent calendar so lots of little envelopes and little treats hear and there. The envelopes have little messages in them which is super cute and it’s our bribery to get the 3 year old dressed and organised for the day so seeing him doing that the last couple of days and get excited for it has been super fun
2. Our Christmas tree is up! Woo
3. I’m not sure about this one yet, I’m thinking maybe I will treat myself to a bit of slice or cake from the cafe nearby, I do love a baked good

Hi @Saltwaterdreamtime , I'm sorry to hear that you're having a tough time today, but it is so nice to see you soaking up the positives and having a little gratitude in your day! 

OMG Awesome!!! The advent calendar is super creative! What are some kinds of daily messages has your partner has thrown in? Haha I love that, need to trick the little one somehow hey, it's an awesome idea for kids! Don't get me wrong though, I can't pass up a chocolate advent calendar, but yours sounds like a really good idea to beat the chocolate coma and instill some happiness in the morning Smiley Very Happy

WOO it is definitely that time of the year now isn't it! I popped mine up last night too actually, when did you put your one up? 

A trip up to the cafe sounds like a perfect self-care treat, even a walk in the local park and sitting down to eat your lunch or afternoon snack is a great idea! I might do that for myself after a long day of work Smiley Tongue

@Kaylee-ROYeah it’s pretty awesome! Little poems and small stories with a little affirmation. It’s so cute. We avoid chocolate because our 3 year old is whirlwind at the best of times. I think we put ours up on the weekend. 
I took the little guy for a drive and had a drive and a car picnic at one of the lookouts (too windy to sit outside) 

@Saltwaterdreamtime That does sound extremely lovely! I am going to have to invest in one for myself and my partner! I love little DIY projects so that's a great idea! 

Aw lovely! Do you have any Christmas traditions that you guys like to do? Personally mine isn't much but when we put the tree up, we always have Christmas music on! Boosts the hype of it all! Smiley Tongue 

Sounds nice, I hope you both enjoyed it! 

@Kaylee-RO Yeah my partner is DIY/craft nerd and doesn’t a bloody good job at it!!
Not at the moment. We are still working on our “traditions” hahaha. This will be our second Christmas as the three of us. 

I didn’t get to celebrate Christmas as a kid so it’s really fun now getting to have the joy of Christmas with my own family instead of alone. 

1. Swell is up right near where I’m working today. 6-8 ft. Pity my short board is broken (and I have to work) 

2. I was so excited to see my Spotify wrapped this morning I put it on shuffle when I was driving to work and I forgot that I share my Spotify account with our family ipad.

Yeah, that was totally not what I was hoping for. hahaha. I was really hoping for Aussie hip hop vibes but I got the outback Aussie show instead HAHAHA I cant 😂😂
3. It’s not too cold 

I also just want to add this pos. Today I got given a date for my second eye surgery. It’s been a few years since the first one and due to money and Covid it’s taken a lot longer than it should of. 
yay to eye surgery. 

1. I just got back from a fun trip with friends

2. I had maccas for lunch

3. I get to see my baby cousin tonight

1. Refreshed our household playlist and now there’s a heap of new music to listen to. 

2. One of my younger brothers was supposed to visit on the weekend and then cancelled so we had a really decent chat over the weekend on the phone. 

3. Catching up/interviewing (although, informally) with a potential 2021 new staff member this evening. This is me.... 2340DC12-448A-4950-8740-27EDAEA587D0.gif

Listen to Fire And The Flood - triple j Live At The Wireless on Spotify. Vance Joy · Song · 2018.

1. Our three year old is off to visit kinder for next year with my partner today because due to covid none of us have actually been there and my Wednesday funny is that this morning he was adamant that he was going to do pottery and golf... firstly, where did the idea of pottery even come from!?and secondly for the safety of all people golf is no go, so that’s definitely not happening. It made me laugh because his plastic golf clubs are currently in the confiscation box (yes we have one of those and it’s currently full 🤣) 

2. Saw these really really pretty birds that i have never seen before at work this morning. I wish I was better at identifying them 

3. I forgot about this song and the live version just came up on Spotify radio... 

https://open.spotify.com/track/2ltN5iUdUMuuiEUxT3fNja?si=BCdGTj3iSUadB-_vKmjMWA