cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Three positives of today

1. Had a really nice weekend, went to my mentors for the day yesterday. 
2. I have a day off to get some paper work done today and I think I have lots of worked lined up if  this all works out for me 

3. Feel a lot better after being sick last week 

Highlighted

So glad to hear that things are looking up for you work-wise @Saltwaterdreamtime ! It must have been great to be able to go and see your mentors. I was able to spend some time with my extended family over the weekend for the first time in months, and it definitely lifted my spirits. 

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO it was just great! We all went, spent the day there, they’ve got a pizza oven so nice to spend the day hanging out there. I’ve really missed them and I don’t want to lose that connection we had built before, just strengthen it especially having my own family now.
I’ve potentially secured a client for work, who will have lots of work for me, still talking to him though, he owns 7 properties, obviously a busy person...
Highlighted

1. Sealed the deal today with a client who might have a fair bit of work for me
2. A walk with coffee and lookout stops, let the little guy jump in some puddles (3)
Highlighted

@Janine-RO I watched After Life season 2 after seeing your post (I live in a hole of exam study at the moment and don't have any awareness of things being released haha...) and it was brilliant! It is indeed confronting at times but overall so insightful and entertaining.

1. I bought some cheap slippers from K-mart and my toes are so warm!

2. I finished 2 exams yesterday and have just 1 left to study for!

3. Did you know they make the cutest little 300 mL bottles of soft drink now? I am about to have a little Coke No Sugar. So smoll, so cute.

Highlighted

@Saltwaterdreamtime  those are some great postives - I think that watching small kids splash in puddles is one of life's greatest pleasures Smiley Very Happy

@peppermintpeony  I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It's definitely not easy to watch all of the time, but I thought it was just brilliant, I'm not usually a bit cry-er in TV shows but I definitely laughed and cried in this one. Also kind of want to get a dog now Smiley Wink 

Congrats on only having 1 more exam left! Cheap Kmart slippers are the greatest, I also picked up a pair just before the cold snap hit here. It was a very good decision. 

Highlighted

Yeah, we’ve got our fair share of wet weather appropriate clothes here, for
puddle jumping of course. We call it the Maggie Simpson suit, I don’t know
why, basically just plastic longsleeve coveralls, and once that comes out
and the boots, we know we’re in for a good time.
We’re very lucky to have bushland as well as the beach and walking tracks
nearby so lots of puddles
Highlighted

@Saltwaterdreamtime  I don't know why, but this came to mind when you said that

the simpsons GIF

I think that watching kids out in nature is one of the best reminders of the power of staying in the moment ever! It's great that you have lots of cool places to explore where you are Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hmm the gif didn’t work but I think I know what you were trying to post haha so good @Janine-RO
Highlighted

Oh no @Saltwaterdreamtime , it worked on my end - how annoying. 

I have to admit I was feeling a bit flat today with current world events, so found it really helpful to do 3 positives of today. Mine: 

1. We have heaps of beautiful Birds of Paradise flowers in our garden at the moment, and every time I see them it reminds me of this meme 

Here's Why That Flower Is Actually Called A "Bird Of Paradise"

I had literally thought the same thing for my entire life!! 

2. I was woken up extremely early by a small human this morning, but on the bright side it meant that I could watch a stunning sunrise, and actually took the time to go outside and really appreciate it. 

3. Made a cracking birthday cake for my Dad the other weekend, a mango and yogurt cake with passionfruit icing. He's not a huge cake fan but liked this one.