2. Cuddles with my cat

3. Making a nice dinner for my family

Highlighted

Re: Three positives of today

1. The weather is warmer
2. Read some more of my book
3. Got some exercise in

I love warm weather Smiley Happy really brightens my mood. Although i found out recently not everyone feels the same way! my cousin is the opposite

My 3 are:

1. grocery shopping healthy stuff, which makes me feel optimistic cos of my bad skin condition

2. did some cleaning cos this house is a mess

3. got some exercise out and about today

Highlighted

1. I had a well needed sleep in after working all week
2. My partner and I had a lovely breakfast at our local cafe
3. And most excitingly, I'm so close to finishing my thesis for honours!!!!!! WOO
Highlighted

1. Really tired from staying up until 1:30 watching the mountain biking world champs but I watched the mountain biking so 👍🏻 👍🏻 An Australian came 6th. 

2. I have heaps to do today so I’m home doing boring stuff instead of the fun stuff, I should get my bum into gear but at least being home for work means a little more flexibility, might surf later if I can get this done. 

3.  The bike that took so much effort just get home last week was worth it, went on a trail out the back of where we live on the weekend and also went to the bike park

we had a pretty horrendous day in our house on Saturday but I’m glad it got a little bit better

Highlighted

1. Taking the day off today because I feel like pure shit physically and mentally so positive is a day off I guess

2. Something funny just happened, I was scrolling fb and a picture came up of 3 socks, 2 small human socks and 1 large human sock, all different, and the quote said something like “we have a collection of socks that don’t belong to us we suspect these might have been given to us via Currawongs (birds) we are located in (street name)”
They were ours!! 
I remember last week taking the washing off the line and wandering where 3 of our socks went! 
And heaps of people commented saying they have seen birds flying around the neighbourhood with socks in their mouths.

Hahaah, so a bird has been stealing from us and dropping them in somebody else’s yard! 
and this is not an uncommon thing around here apparently 

what on earth 

3. I had a really difficult last night but got up early to catch the sunrise because I couldn’t get to sleep anyway, a mate met me at the beach at 6am and he made porridge for us both 

Highlighted

@Saltwaterdreamtime such cheeky birds! 😂 glad you got your socks back in the end

1. Cleaned all the bird cages
2. Baked some banana and white choc cookies
3. An old Facebook memory came up which made me smile

Hahahaha @Saltwaterdreamtime  your positive made me laugh so much - we had something similar happen at our place, wire coathangers kept disappearing from our washing line (we used to chuck shirts on them), we couldn't work out what was happening until a dead tree branch had to be removed from a massive blue gum in our backyard. Turns out birds (pretty sure it was magpies) had been stealing the hangers and using as part of their nests. 

So good to see you could find some positives out of a pretty average day, porridge and the beach at sunrise sounds amazing. 

@lokifish how were the cookies?? I make heaps of banana bread and banana pancakes but have never tried a biscuit recipe, sounds good!

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Very cheeky @lokifish 

Hahaha that sounds about right! @Janine-RO 

I used to have two dogs who have passed away now, but when the last one left was getting to his time he would be asleep on his bed in the backyard and the magpies used to come up and steal chunks of his fur during nest building season and he just kept sleeping. I used to laugh because I thought about tHat bird making her beautiful nest and how she probably had the best in the neighbourhood and all the other birds would be asking where she got the beautiful fur from hahahaha

Living the absolute high life in her magnificent dog hair nest. 

Yeah, such a legend I don’t normally like porridge, it’s usually too hot but this morning it was just right 

(that was a 3 little bears joke if you didn’t get that haha) 

Highlighted

It’s such a nice sunny day
2. One of my really good mates released a single today and it’s beautiful
3. Spoke one of my younger sisters on the phone this morning I haven’t heard from her forever