cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted

Today I appreciate my body because...

I had something come up recently and currently I'm trying not to fall back into unhelpful thoughts/habits connected to body image because of it. One thing I'm doing is reminding myself of the things my body does I appreciate it for to stop myself getting wrapped up in its size again (because really, why should that matter?). Feel free to join in if it sounds useful to you πŸ™‚

Today I appreciate my body because it dances to my favourite music, let's me taste yummy brownies, can ride up and down mountain bike trails and pats dogs for me.

Highlighted

Re: Today I appreciate my body because...

@hellofriend What a beautiful thread. 

I appreciate my body because it lets me cuddle my cats and somehow keeps me going. Plus I can walk - mostly Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

@hellofriend  what a brilliant thread idea, I love this so much!! 

Today I appreciate my body because it let me go for a walk around the water on my lunch break, and let me go for a beautiful hike on the weekend.  3054D1A8-AF05-4BE0-AE60-8A917CE4B92E.jpeg

E527FBEE-FC59-443A-8D90-2A1F2B114E07.jpeg

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Thank you for this thread, it's beautiful and positive, I love it. I love all of your answers!

@Janine-RO @hellofriend @Tiny_leaf 

Highlighted

@hellofriend I love this thread! Today I appreciate my body because I could go out for field hockey trials and have fun playing sports. And hey I can hug the people I love (unless Covid-19 restrictions stop me of course).
Highlighted

Hi @hellofriend 

Today I appreciate my body because its mine, and I am able to work on it and change it and make it want I want it to be. I'm going to start working out more now that Uni is done, and I am so excited to change myself FOR myself.

Highlighted

I appreciate my body because it helped me achieve my goals of health and fitness today after a long time of neglecting it. I appreciate my body because it gives comfy and warm cuddles to my sister.

Highlighted

Today I appreciate my body because it let me grow two humans! 

Highlighted

Today I appreciate my body because it rips blackberries out of the ground and stops them taking over and killing the rest of the garden.

Also...

****Content Warning for sexual references****

Orgasms. I hesitated putting it out there because it's a bit taboo to talk about, but it's a normal body function that it's ok to enjoy and appreciate, and it definitely leaves me thinking 'wow my body is cool'

Highlighted

@hellofriend  I definitely think it's something worth appreciating and celebrating - the human body is pretty amazing!!