cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Today I appreciate my body because...

I had something come up recently and currently I'm trying not to fall back into unhelpful thoughts/habits connected to body image because of it. One thing I'm doing is reminding myself of the things my body does I appreciate it for to stop myself getting wrapped up in its size again (because really, why should that matter?). Feel free to join in if it sounds useful to you 🙂

Today I appreciate my body because it dances to my favourite music, let's me taste yummy brownies, can ride up and down mountain bike trails and pats dogs for me.

Highlighted

Re: Today I appreciate my body because...

@hellofriend What a beautiful thread. 

I appreciate my body because it lets me cuddle my cats and somehow keeps me going. Plus I can walk - mostly Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

@hellofriend  what a brilliant thread idea, I love this so much!! 

Today I appreciate my body because it let me go for a walk around the water on my lunch break, and let me go for a beautiful hike on the weekend.  3054D1A8-AF05-4BE0-AE60-8A917CE4B92E.jpeg

E527FBEE-FC59-443A-8D90-2A1F2B114E07.jpeg

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Thank you for this thread, it's beautiful and positive, I love it. I love all of your answers!

@Janine-RO @hellofriend @Tiny_leaf 

Highlighted

@hellofriend I love this thread! Today I appreciate my body because I could go out for field hockey trials and have fun playing sports. And hey I can hug the people I love (unless Covid-19 restrictions stop me of course).
Highlighted

Hi @hellofriend 

Today I appreciate my body because its mine, and I am able to work on it and change it and make it want I want it to be. I'm going to start working out more now that Uni is done, and I am so excited to change myself FOR myself.

Highlighted

I appreciate my body because it helped me achieve my goals of health and fitness today after a long time of neglecting it. I appreciate my body because it gives comfy and warm cuddles to my sister.

Highlighted

Today I appreciate my body because it let me grow two humans! 

Highlighted

Today I appreciate my body because it rips blackberries out of the ground and stops them taking over and killing the rest of the garden.

Also...

****Content Warning for sexual references****

Orgasms. I hesitated putting it out there because it's a bit taboo to talk about, but it's a normal body function that it's ok to enjoy and appreciate, and it definitely leaves me thinking 'wow my body is cool'

Highlighted

@hellofriend  I definitely think it's something worth appreciating and celebrating - the human body is pretty amazing!!