cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Today I practiced self care by...

Bouldering sounds like fun @AlyssinWonderland!

Today I practiced self care by coming to work via a different route- a great way to see new things and feel energised in the morning 

Check out our community activities calendar here

Today I practiced self-care by writing a list of trips I would love to take in Australia with my family - I find that I often forget to plan in holidays/ small trips, but some of my favourite memories of the last 10 years are the times I've made time to do a bit of exploring in my own country Smiley Happy 

I've seen a lot of posts on social media about how much some of the bushfire affected areas are really missing out on the normal tourist trade - so I'm making a list of places I'd love to visit with my family that were impacted by fires but are ready for visitors again. 

At the moment Jervis Bay, and Bright in Victoria are on the top of my lists. Even if a holiday is a long way away, planning future adventures always makes me feel excited about the future Smiley Happy 

Image result for Jervis bay image

Highlighted

It is really fun! Not only do you work out your body, but also your brain. I love the problem solving aspect of it. Smiley Happy 

Also, your self care sounds interesting. I might try that too when going to uni. 

Highlighted

Having that mental challenge is amazing @AlyssinWonderland! I always find a state of flow with activities that work my mind as well as my body! 

Today for self care I have been carrying a water bottle with me everywhere I go to increase my hydration

Highlighted

@AlyssinWonderland  I've always wanted to try bouldering, did you start out in a climbing gym first? I have a cousin who lives in NZ who is super into bouldering, there's some amazing spots over there to climb and he even built his own mini bouldering gym in his garage Smiley Very Happy

My self- care for today was actually quite boring but very effective - I went to bed super early last night, and I am so glad I did today! I have a really early start on Wednesdays and it was nice to feel a bit more refreshed than usual and ready to face the day. 

I wasn't even that mad when my cat woke me up like this, just before 6am Smiley Wink 

Image result for wake up gif"

Highlighted

@Janine-RO Woah, he built his own gym ?! He must be a really passionate soul- that’s amazing. 

I actually haven’t been outside bouldering yet-  i’m still too afraid to and don’t think I’m good enough. I just got back into indoor bouldering after a 6 month hiatus so it’s like overcoming my fear for heights/falling from square one. Feels like it’s going away more quickly though Smiley Happy 

I definitely recommend a gym if you want to give it a shot. Some gyms have really nice communities that are very supportive of newcomers + each other. 

Good to hear that you’ve had a satisfying sleep!! What a nice feeling to have.

Today I practiced self care by giving myself time to have fun playing around with makeup. I did a really colourful pink and purple look and colour coordinated my outfit with it.

Highlighted

@AlyssinWonderland  he described it more as a 'bouldering wall", but it was pretty cool! 

The environment in NZ is apparently unbelievable for bouldering, this is the kind of stuff he climbs on (check out the little person in the foreground!). 

Image result for bouldering new zealand"

It sounds like learning inside is a very good idea lol - I am also pretty scared of heights, so I am very impressed that you've conquered your fears to learn a new skill. Sounds amazing! I might add indoor rockclimbing to my 'list of things I'd like to try'. I have friends who climb quite a bit, but I haven't tried in years. It sounds like an amazing activity for body and mind, so thank you for inspiring me Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@Janine-RO wow that rock is huge!! Never knew NZ was such an exciting place for boulderers.  

Yes! You should go with your friends. I think approaching bouldering with people you are comfortable with really help your progress through the courses. Smiley Happy  I'm glad I could inspire you. 

Highlighted

Today I practised self-care by packing nutrient-dense, yummy, filling snacks my baby study session <3
Highlighted

I practiced self care by having abit more of a rest day then what I normally would
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**