cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Today I practiced self care by...

@JazzInMay it sounds like you're packing a lot of self-care into today, it's amazing how much of a difference it can make getting your body moving, isn't it.

Keep us updated on your macaron progress - I can't make them at home because a family member is allergic to nuts, but I certainly enjoy eating them- it sounds like a fun baking challenge.

Today for self-care I also took a walk on my lunch break and admired the gorgeous autumn leaves, I took this photo to remind myself to always take a moment to look around- it's not the greatest photo but the colours were just magic! 

I also did a really gross chore as a form of self-care and feel much better for it - we have wooden ceiling fans that pick up dust really easily, and they'd got really dusty and gross. I had been putting it off for ages but finally climbed up and cleaned them  all, and it sounds dumb, but every time I look at them now I feel quietly satisfied. A reminder to myself that self-care doesn't always have to be a big "thing" - sometimes it's the smallest thing that can make you feel a bit better! 

Check out our community activities calendar here

Today I practised self care by having a really nice shower, where I washed my hair and face and then got out and put nice hair/face oils on. To be honest, I got straight into lazy home clothes but it's nice to be super comfy and feel a little bit pampered. Having a shower where you really focus on refreshing/nurturing yourself is such a nice way to feel a bit better without doing anything too out of the ordinary. 

Cartoon Love GIF by Molang

@Bre-RO that sounds like a lovely form of self-care! I love the gif!

I practiced self-care today by having a sleep in this morning Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Today I practiced self care through journaling. When there are thoughts that are circulating in my mind, I would actively listen to them and note them down - in this way I acknowledge my thoughts and am letting them know that they are valid, even though they might be bothering me in some way.

@Bre-RO that sounds so lovely: the simplest thing can be the best!

@WheresMySquishy  it's your the cartoon in your profile picture! Whenever I spot it I get excited and think of your profile pic lol

Today, for my self-care, I checked this thread and had a nice cup of coffee. Reading about people looking after themselves puts me in the mainframe to do the same!

... taking myself out early for a big walk along the creek. I didn't want to because it was starting to spit rain but I put my coat on and rugged up and actually found the rain on my face so nice! I definitely needed the fresh air after being cooped up all weekend. Cat Tongue

Not letting others abuse us physically and emotionally is self caring

@Tay100  @Bre-RO  I love all the gifs from that cartoon! I feel like it's everywhere now.
I actually chose my picture because I have a plush toy of it.

I was unwell during the night (don't worry, I think it's just my conditions flaring up at the same time and nothing serious). So I spent the day massaging my sore muscles, watching Netflix and playing a relaxing game on the PS4.

Today I practiced self care by getting up a bit early and  having a 40 minute walk before I started work- it was cool and crisp, and I listened to one of my favourite podcasts (Reply All  ). It really gave me a lift and my energy levels are so much higher now.

I absolutely love walking in autumn - always makes me think of this movie too for some reason

GIF when harry met sally autumn fall - animated GIF on GIFER - by ...

Check out our community activities calendar here

@Janine-RO autumn walks are so cleansing, glad you got to experience that! What's the movie in your gif?