Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Today I practiced self care by...

so lovely @Sarah_Nurri
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

So great to see how much love this thread is getting! Heart

Today I practiced self care by going for a walk and making an effort to get into the office for work today. I forgot how much I missed walking through the city in the morning and the general routine of getting out of the house to work! 

Today I practiced self-care by being patient with myself and giving myself an extra minute before I jumped into my todo list. It really helped calm myself down since I have a long list today!

Today I practised self-care by walking my dog in the morning, getting some fresh air, listening to my favourite podcast and taking some time for myself to write and be creative. Later tonight, to wind down, I'm going to cook a nice dinner for the family (cooking for me is very mindful), crack open a book or watch something that brings me comfort and joy (I recently watched the film Booksmart, which is now my favourite movie! So good!). 

Today I practiced self care by.going for a walk

Today, I practiced self care by taking a day off from my academic work. I did graphic design projects (another passion of mine which I find to be very relaxing) and I even treated myself to a meal out! Smiley Happy 

Wow I just discovered this thread and I love it! Such an important but often overlooked party of day to day life. 

Today I practiced self care my reading in bed for a while with my headphones on. I just needed to de-stress what with everything that's been happening and it really helps. Bonus if you can get a cup of tea while you're at it!

Hi there! I lit up one soy wax candle I got the other day at a bargain shop while I was doing my yoga. It was soooo nice and literally made my day.

What a wonderful idea for a thread! I think it is so important to practise self-care. My go to strategies are:

1. Have dim lighting in my room and read a book

2. Spend time with my family

3. Clean my house

Although not the classic methods, I find these very therapeutic and allow me to switch off and de-stress. 

@Wolfie_ Self care strategies don't always have to be the "typical" ones that you usually hear off. The special thing is that everyone is unique. And what will work for one person might not work for another. Well done for identifying these three activities as de-stressing and therapeutic