cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Today I practiced self care by...

Today I practiced self care by (when I was unmotivated to do anything-either fun or productive) rotating between reading one page of my book, then doing one small task. I ended up reading a chapter of a book I'm enjoying, tidied the house, cleaned the bathroom, and did laundry

Yesterday I practiced self care by booking a dentist appointment for the first time in like 12 years 😂

Highlighted

@hellofriend Well done on booking a dentist appointment!! That can be such a difficult thing to do.

I went to a yoga class this morning and had a poke bowl for lunch afterwards!

Highlighted

Today I practiced self care by making a really good healthy breakfast and taking some time for myself to do some gardening.

Highlighted

@Watermelon6  welcome to the forums! That sounds like excellent self-care, go you! What kind of things do you garden? What does a healthy breakfast look like for you?

Highlighted

@Tay100 Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. I prefer succulents because they thrive on neglect and sunshine but i've recently ventured into growing some ferns because lately I've been loving my succulents to death with too much care and water. A healthy breakfast for me is porridge with elderberries, chia seeds and banana. YUM! What's one of your favourite healthy breakfasts? 

Highlighted

@Watermelon6 awww yes succulents thrive on neglect, which I love. I have a cactus named Arrow- and their alive, for now, so that's something hahaha!

I have a very similar breakfast; muesli, coffee and fruit! I should add some more seeds to it too!

Highlighted

I went out for a walk and experimented with a new cooking method that I saw on youtube Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

taking a moment to do some breathing exercises and write in my journal three things I was thankful for. 

Highlighted

Today I practised self-care by giving space to my feelings through general without judgement and reminding myself of my positive mantras.

Its okay to struggle. It okay to be exactly where you are and feel all the things you feel. You dont have to all the answers.Its okay to struggle. It okay to be exactly where you are and feel all the things you feel. You dont have to all the answers.

Highlighted

@A_Friend great to hear that you engaged in some positive mental health behaviours...mantras can be a useful part of this for sure!