cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Today I practiced self care by...

Today I practiced self care by saying no to something that someone asked of me. I was feeling stressed and overwhelmed at the time and I knew I didn't have the emotional capacity to deal with the problem right then and there. Saying no sounds simple but can often be so difficult. Understanding your boundaries and looking after yourself is so important and easy to forget sometimes!  

Highlighted

I love those colouring-in mindfulness books - a great way to unplug, relax and de-stress

Highlighted

I practiced self-care today by moving a commitment I realised I would probably be too tired to do. I  have moved it to a quieter day and am so relieved ! As @rachelparker mentioned above - boundaries are great self-care Heart

Highlighted

Today I practiced self care by scheduling the morning to go for a walk with my friend Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@rachelparkerIt is so true that saying no can be tough at times. Its awesome that you said no when you needed to even if it was hard because you needed to put yourself first

Highlighted

Today I practiced self care by looking through old photos on my phone that made me smile Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Today I practiced self care by spending quality time with my family. Through connecting with them I feel enriched and refreshed.

Highlighted

Today i will practice self-care by making time for myself. I have booked an appointment with myself at 6:00pm tonight to focus on reading, face-masks and putting on a candle. 

Highlighted

Today I practiced self care by setting my alarm a bit earlier than normal so that I could get up early and drink a cup of coffee in absolute silence by myself. It was so lovely to feel like I was taking time  just for me, and I love the stillness of the early morning. 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

@cait303  I love the idea of making an appointment with yourself for self-care, it's so easy for us to prioritise everything before we prioritise ourselves. I hope you had lovely night Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here