cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Today I practiced self care by...

... requesting extensions for my uni assignments. 

I have been struggling with balancing both my study and employment workloads. I figured it would be better to spread out the workload a little, as it's my final week of uni for the year, and it's getting very hectic, and somewhat overwhelming. 

Highlighted

Good on you @shawn21 , balancing uni, work, and life in general can be super challenging at this time of the year so it's great that you took that step! 

Today I practiced self care by planning a super easy dinner and early night! 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here
Highlighted

Hey everyone!

Today I practiced self-care by telling myself it was okay that I procrastinated posting this for a couple of days and to not beat myself up over neglecting my to-do-list! Personally this is an important reminder for myself, due to overwhelming perfectionist tendencies and the anxiety of doing "enough" in this busy busy world full of expectations Smiley Happy.
Highlighted

@Gbear I like your self-compassionate mindset... I'm much the same, I'm doing self-care by just doing my best to make sure I actually keep busy with fun things so I don't get to bored.

Highlighted

Today I practiced self-care by taking a break from my uni work by going outside for a walk and listening to my favourite podcast. Listening to a podcast helps take my mind off the stress of uni work and when I get back home I feel refreshed.
Highlighted

Today I practiced self care by booking a massage for this afternoon Heart

massage GIF

Highlighted

Today I practiced self care by allowing myself to tune out a little, and not focus all of my energies on things that would make me more tired and angry. What I mean by this is today I felt very tired and unmotivated, so I didn't force myself to do some uni work, because I knew it would just make me more upset and I wouldn't end up learning anything anyways! So instead, I practiced self care by just allowing myself to do some relaxing things such as watching Netflix before bed Smiley Happy I've learnt that such as important form of self care is just to listen to what you need, and what your body and mind needs the most to function, and look after yourself because there will always be more time to do uni!

Highlighted

Today I practiced self-care by letting myself to take break from everything for this one day. Therefore, instead of continuing what I have been doing, like drafting and writing cover letters and applying for jobs, I went out for a walk to get some fresh air. I went shopping this afternoon and bought myself my favourite food and drink from the café that I really like. And now it is almost time for dinner. Yeah, nothing much happened. An unproductive day. But I am so happy.   

Highlighted

Today I practiced self-care by celebrating the small victories. I often get caught up in the thought process that if something is not completed/ finished then it's not worth celebrating. When in reality making a start on the assignment is one small step closer to it being done and reading a few pages in the book is again another small step to finishing the book. Rather than focusing on all the things I haven't completed, focusing on the things that I have done made me feel a lot happier about my day Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Some mornings you just need to focus all your attention inwards... and today was one of those days. 

Turning off my phone and other socials and just doing whatever my body felt like doing, eating well and stretching/meditating for an hour or so. Can't focus on anything when I feel overwhelmed by the day, and sometimes this is the only way to deal with it - switching off from the outside world for a while.