cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Today I practiced self care by...

Today I practiced self care by sitting outside in the sun on my lunch break! A bit of fresh air and sunlight goes a long way Heart

@Kaylee-RO That sounds so good right now, I am loving all of these posts on self-care so helpful for inspiration in the new year. Today I practised self-care by letting myself take rest in the morning rather working out as body needed.

@A_Friend Love that self care method! Sometimes its so hard to stop yourself, take a breathe and just let your body rest...if you're anything like me sometimes it feels impossible haha Smiley LOL but it is extremely important, and you would feel 10x better about it tomorrow Smiley Happy

@Kaylee-RO It so hard for me to take rest and sometimes I still guilty when I do but after some self-awareness, I realised the harm I was doing and slowly broke the habit and remind myself when I feel guilty of how bad it felt after no rest for like a year when I was completing year 12.

@A_Friend I completely understand that feeling! It is so nice that you have the capacity to reflect on what your body wants and needs. Sometimes when you're in a routine you can forget to slow down, but we also need to be able to recognise when it is important to. 

What kind of self-awareness methods do you have in place? I'm sure so many people could gain some direction from your experiences Smiley Happy

@Kaylee-RO Self-care for this has been to in the morning just taking a minute to breathe to decide whether can I workout or I need a day off or if I need a day off of work/study sometime soon if cant that day. Also increasing mindfulness to increase myself awareness, which means check-in with yourself throughout the day for that is when I snack before lunch, at lunch, snack again before dinner and after dinner. I also like to journal if I feel that some feelings have been bottled or maybe harder to cope with. Has anyone else found any self-care strategies that can help with allowing yourself to take a break and not getting overworked?

It's not today, but I'm getting a haircut tomorrow after AGES, I don't really like haircuts but my hair is too long and annoying (nearly down to my bum haha). I guess that's somewhat self care. I had an appointment today with a social worker but they rescheduled it to fit someone else in which is upsetting and I found it rude because I had to wait months for that appointment & I was feeling ok about going because it's someone to talk to, & then that, sigh. I can't see her now until Feb 25. @A_Friend 

Good luck for your haircut tomorrow @musicfan_xo Smiley Happy And also, that sucks that your appointment got rescheduled especially if you waited for such a long time too. I hope the wait goes quickly for you.

@Taylor-RO thank you.

I know it sounds silly to get anxious over a haircut, but for some of these reasons, it's:

• New surroundings and new people (I've seen it in the town but never been in there).
  • I haven't had my hair cut in ages because it's expensive (this place looks good but still cheaper than this other place I used to go to, but they're more pricey now because they've moved to another shop in the main street of town, and under a new name, although it's the same staff, a couple new members though).
  • I don't like the hair in my eyes and wearing their cape, plus the mask thing (I do wear a mask everywhere I go though if you have to).

Sounds silly I know. I get anxious about small things, and I get very anxious when I'm around people, as I have a social phobia. I get anxious when people look at me, etc etc. It's hard for me to ignore and I feel claustrophobic and want to run and hide basically. I'm like this anywhere, anytime.

Sorry for rambling on and going off topic a bit here.

Hey @musicfan_xo that doesn't sound silly at all, new things can be scary and I think you're being really brave Heart I hope your haircut goes really well today, feel free to let us know how you go!