cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Today I practiced self care by...

@tacket I relate to this self care a lot haha!

I did self-care by waking myself up by sitting outside in the cold fresh air Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Today I practiced self care by getting up a bit earlier than normal (thanks to daylight savings ending!) and going for a 40 minute walk before I started work. It really lifted my spirits being out 'in the world' for a little while, and I am planning on doing the same thing again tomorrow morning. Loving the cooler autumn mornings too - I can't wait until the autumn leaves start to properly turn. There's some beautiful ones near where I live, and I look forward to seeing the amazing colours every year. 

Fall Autumn GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Check out our community activities calendar for April 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO aww that sounds adorable! I don't think my cats would like it though haha

Today I practised self-care by having a nap when a migraine returned.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Bee  it was really adorable, but my cats would definitely hate it too!! To be honest their cat didn't look overly impressed but was tolerating it okay. 

Its face was still a bit grumpy cat-esque though

Grumpy Cat, the face of thousands of internet memes, has died

I'm glad that you were able to have a nap when you had a migraine, are you feeling better today? Migraines really can be awful Smiley Sad

Today for self-care I spent some time weeding the garden, and noticed 2 new gardenias that bloomed overnight. They are my favourite flower and it made me feel really happy to have taken the time to notice them. 

Highlighted

I also took a few photos of pretty things in my garden which made me smile 

This is giant- it’s a monstera flower and you can eat the fruit inside eventuallyThis is giant- it’s a monstera flower and you can eat the fruit inside eventually

6831C40F-E29E-4B04-B90E-1D1702C65009.jpeg

114B3D17-F6C8-42AE-8F18-E761D44E7E31.jpeg

Highlighted

Today I practised self-care by eating some breakfast biscuits.
Highlighted

Today I practised self-care by having a shower.
Highlighted

@Janine-ROhaha I love that grumpy cat face Smiley Happy
The migraine passed after a while Smiley Happy They're terrible though, just thankful my body responded to my treatments Smiley Happy

Those flowers are pretty! I have some pretty ones in my garden too, which I was going to photograph today but completely forgot 

I practiced self-care today by getting some sunshine this morning and playing in the back yard with the cats.

I'm practicing self-care by taking a break from study today when it's confusing me and making me feel agitated.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Today I practiced self care by taking a small walk around my house to get some fresh air. Please remember that although this may be a tough time to get through, always get a chance to keep your healthy habits going on Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@Bee  I'm glad that the migraine eventually passed, they sound really awful. I'm glad that they do respond to treatment though. 

Sunshine, fresh air, and cats is a great recipe for self-care if you ask me! 

@Lacuna99  totally agree that fresh air and exercise are great ways to look after our well-being at such a weird time in all of our lives. 

Today, my self-care was also exercise based! I went for two long walks, one before I started work and one just now with my daughter on my lunch break. Did us both so much good to get out of the house and exchange smiles and hellos with the people we saw along  the way. Plus, our destination was our local bakery, so we also had treats for lunch. Spinach and ricotta triangles are also a valuable form of self-care if you ask me! 

Danish GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY