cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transgender

My mother just sent me a video saying there is no such thing as transgender. She said I don't exist. Kinda hurts 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: Transgender

Thanks mum. You can shut up now. 

Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

That sucks and is disrespectful @redhead. I'm glad you can see it for what it is i.e. personal bias and lack of a wider perspective. Stay strong. You know your life more than anyone else will.

What an awful thing for her to do, I'll never understand how some parents can be so dismissive about their child's identity. Like @Mona-RO said, you know yourself and your own identity better than anyone and at the end of the day that's all that matters Heart

That sucks @redhead, I'm so sorry. We definitely do exist, whatever other people think. Hugs and solidarity Heart

Cheers awesome humans 

I'm lucky my dad is really supportive

Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Urgh! Hospital deliberately not calling me by name, putting me in a female room, referring to me as she. Just no. I already have to much dysphoria rn.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

@redhead that's incredibly bad practice on their part, I'm so sorry that you're being treated in that way. Is there anyone further up the hospital food chain who you could speak with about the behaviour of the staff?

Sending support your way, your gender is yours and yours alone, regardless of what they say and do Heart

Sorry to hear your mum isn't being supportive of you @redhead! Just wanted to let you know, it's ok to be you! You are who you are because you were born that way. Regardless of what body parts you were born with, no one knows you better than you do. It can be difficult for some parents to come to terms with some things when their children grow up and start to make their own decisions. I hope one day she will come around. You are awesome and I want you to know that I support you Smiley Happy 

Thanks everyone for your support with this Smiley Happy
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire