cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tried Something New thread

@Lahna is that a HIIT class? I remember when I did my first one I feel I could have done with a zimmer frame and had great difficulty even squatting to sit on the toiler haha (probably a little too much info for a Tuesday morning!)

But I am trying something new today and that is... boxing! I am actually so keen and can't wait to finish work!!

Ive been trying out getting up every day before 7. Partly due to necessity, partly to keep the habit.

I am amazed at how much more i can get done and then how pleased I feel with myself because of it! Also means I go to bed actually feeling tired and going to sleep quickly Smiley Happy
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

Went to watch a stand up comedy routine live for the first time!  Saw Dave Hughes, had a big ol' laugh.  Also, I'm a big fan of sardines on toast (sardines are not anchovies as some people tend to think!) and so every week I buy a couple of the black and gold brand ones and then I try one alternative brand as a treat.  It is strange the things that help liven our days! 

@tsnyder stand up comedy is great! I went to see Ross Noble at the Comedy Festival last year - so good! Awesome idea for a thread by the way. Smiley Happy

I've started teaching myself how to knit (via YouTube videos)! So far I've made a big cuddly scarf for myself, and now I'm starting a dark grey scarf for my bf. It's a lot of fun and very relaxing, and hopefully one day I'll be able to knit a jumper.

I'm not a great swimmer but lately I've been going to the pool and swimming laps, I could barely do one without having to stop but now I don't have to stop, I'm getting better!!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@khaleesi_18 a knitted jumper sounds so sweet!  And duuuude me too @j95, started a couple weeks ago and the first time was a real struggle!  Elderly men were passing me constantly! 

Highlighted

@tsnyder I was almost waiting for the lifeguards to think I was drowning and come save me.

I'm trying Uni. So far, I don't like it. But I just have to wait. It's something new, that doesn't mean it's something bad.

@j95 It's awesome that they didn't have to come save you! I would so love to go down to the pool, although I would just be chilling rather than swimming laps or anything.

Haha yeah @N1ghtW1ng I was just chilling for ages and then I was like, maybe I should stop doing handstands and seeing how long I can hold my breath and actually do some swimming hahaha

Although @j95, handstands are fun. Smiley Very Happy