cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried Something New thread

Hey RO community, this thread is dedicated to trying something new, be it small or large!  It can be a new food, new coping strategy, new activity, etc.  I thought it could be exciting to see what other people are trying, and could help to push ourselves beyond our comfort zone.

New thing: I decidied I'm going to try playing football this year just for fun!  I've never played before so I don't really know what I'm doing.  I went out to my first ever training last night and felt pretty awkward because it was completely new to me and I didn't really know anyone but I ended up having a blast and can't wait to go out again tomorrow!

Re: Tried Something New thread

Awsome idea @tsnyder

I'm starting pilates tomorrow! I've never done it before but i'm hoping it helps with some of my injuries. A little nervous cause I know i'm not going to be very good at it and a bit limited by my body but looking forward to seeing how it is!

I started training up for a new position in footy, so I'm trying to go up in the ruck, I've been doing heaps of training but finding the training drills pretty hard and I just can't seem to get there. People keep telling me not to bother and i should just go back to what I was doing because I'm probably too short for ruck anyway but I'm going to keep trying. There's no point in giving up, just gotta keep pushing myself.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I made a quiche from scratch today!

I started to learn to roller blade the other week and this week I started a new job!!

This is such an awesome thread @tsnyder! I am really excited to see everyone's new things!

Maybe also why people have chosen the thing they are starting.

I chose roller blading after watching that roller derby movie and thinking how much it isnt me and petrifies me. Plus I wanted to do something with my bf (who is teaching me).
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

@ClCl saying why is a great idea!  How is it going?

@Stealth_ninja I hope it helps! I did pilates-type stuff for about a year when I had some knee injuries and it really helped.  Let us know how it goes!

@j95  if you want to ruck than go for it!  It sounds like you push yourself really hard, so make sure you look after yourself too!

I also tried cooking something new tonight!!

@tsnyder I don't really have time for people who tell me I can't do things before giving me a chance to prove myself.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@tsnyder I am proud of how much fear I have overcome so far! But I need the support of my bf there to really be able to push myself. I think I am trying to use it as a means of mentally pushing myself more than the physical roller blading itself.

It is interesting all the ones we have mentioned so far involve exercise!
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

Hey @tsnyder this is great!! Can't wait to hear how the footy goes Smiley Happy I'm sure you'll do great bc you do alot of athletics stuff already right?

Well I tried a new tabata gym class this morning and I am almost unable to move.. Anyone done tabata before?

@Lahna thanks for the encouragement!  The running and catching is good but the kicking is definitely sub-par, but I do my best!

Was it one of those 'grit' classes where you go 20 seconds on 10 seconds off type of thing? I remember I did one of them once and felt debilitated for about a week