cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Two Years

Sorry I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so hopefully here is ok. 

I joined this site, roughly 2 years ago. I was in a really bad way and I was honestly scared for myself. 

I used an email I seldom log into to create a porfile for the Reach Out Forums and this afternoon I logged in and discovered my account for this. I read over the problems I was going through then, and since I've come along way. 

Issues that were a big deal to me, are no problems anymore. I have control over my life. I'm happy. I work (I didn't when I was on here last) I have a lovely support network and thing are so much better now. I've graduated Uni and I've got a lot going on. 

Hopeless Hermit is hardly a fitting name for me anymore. 

I just wanted to say this, in case anybody who's out there who's having a shit time right now, that things will get better - I promise. Where we are now, is not necesarily where we're going to be in a weeks time, or a months, or a year. 

I don't know what the future holds for any of us, but I just wanted to say that things change. Things can improve. 

Also, thank you to the people who listened to me when I was in a bad way. Your voices did not go unnoticed. 

HH

Re: Two Years

Hey @Hopeless Hermit

Thanks so much for coming back and posting about how much your life has changed!

I wish you the very best with whatever your future holds,

stonepixie

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Wow, that's huge, @Hopeless Hermit. Thankyou so much for sharing with us, whilst life is always complex, a success story like this just reinforces the reason behind orgs like RO.

Thankyou for your words of wisdom, I'm sure they won't go unnoticed by many users on here like those words that helped you didn't either.

Best wishes and goodluck for the future! Please remember you're always welcome.
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

@Hopeless Hermit this post is so awesome I wish I could double high five you!

How fantastic that you acknowledge that sometimes the journey can take a while but eventually things can get better (even if it is a little thing, I say one thing at a time!).

Maybe (to stick with HH since I noticed you signed off with that) we can think of HH as HappyHermitcrab because it's alot more positive!

Hey @Hopeless Hermit

Woohoo, that's great to hear! Go you! I'm so happy to hear that things are going well for you now. It sounds like you've made heaps of progress in the two years since you last logged on to the forums. Congrats on graduating uni!

Thank you for your insightful and reassuring comments - hearing about recovery from another person who has also been through a tough time can be really powerful thing.

All the best for the future, and remember that we are always here to support you on the RO forums if you need. Smiley Happy

Congratulations @Hopeless Hermit

Sounds like you're incredibly happy with what's going on at the moment Smiley Happy Always up for chats if you want to creep back onto the forums every now and again. THANK YOU for leaving your message of support to everyone here Smiley Happy 

@Hopeless Hermit this is so wonderful to hear! Thank you for posting this, it's a really great reminder that things can change for the better.  Thanks heaps for spreading the optimism!