cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

Oh no, we don't want you crying. You just need lots of cups of tea and lots of rest to get through your sickness (if you have a cold/flu). Maybe you could contact the teacher/tutor this presentation is for and asks for an extension just to take the pressure off of you and your group also? Do you think they would do that for you if you had a medical certificate?

@Randomness Thanks for the support. I didn't end up saying anything as I just felt too weird about how late it was. Maybe next time I'll aim to have a better dialogue and relationship between myself and the staff.

@N1ghtW1ng You know how people always complain about how their group members aren't pulling enough of their weight and stuff? Well, the thing is, being in a group is really all about support. You're all supporting each other to get the assignment done.
We usually take that and break it up like 'okay, this is my one part that I need to do' but even then, I find that the groups I've been in that have done the best are those where we've had the things we've focused on but have still largely been collaborative on those things.
What I'm saying is, don't feel bad about how much you've done. Your group is meant to be there to support you.

@Lahna I've messaged my tutor asking about options and messaged my group that I am very sick so at least they're informed.

@Birdeye I'm more worried about what they will think. And being sick isn't helping. We can deduct points from people and I'll probably get really annoyed if they deduct any from me for missing tomorrow. Because damn I am sick and would have to spend an hour and a bit on a bus, then another half an hour on a train. While sick. Smiley Sad
At least it's only the one due on Friday.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng how did it end up going? You are allowed to be sick. It wouldn't really be fair for the marker to not take your being sick into consideration since it's a valid reason for absence. I really don

Have a bit of catching up to do in all of my units, catching up that I probably should have been doing more while I've been on bedrest. Oh well. I'm actually looking a bit forward to it all as I do really like all of the content.

You know what? I totally agree that the markers should take into consideration your health at the time. But in my experience that just hasn't been the case. I guess it would depend on each university's policy around this sort of thing. But it would be worth clearing things up with the appropriate people about these kinds of issues. Don't you think?  

It went alright @Birdeye @Super_Me. I don't think anything's gonna happen with the points. So long as I pass.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Generally I've found that uni has actually been pretty good at taking things into account. Not so much that in marking you can give in work undeserving of a specific grade that you'll then get because you /could/ have done better, but if there are things going on and you let them know right then they do help out how they can.

Anyway, I'm really glad that it went alright @N1ghtW1ng Smiley Happy Passing is what is primarily important in regards to uni.
Highlighted

I was writing an essay today and it's the first time in about a year that I felt like something I was writing was meaningful and engaging and it's the first major assignment this semester that I won't need an extension for and I just - *flails excitedly* 

Yay @DruidChild! You get all the high fives Smiley Happy

Thanks @N1ghtW1ng Smiley Happy