cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

@N1ghtW1ng Asking questions in tutorials is really good though! Imagine you were teaching that class (or teaching a primary school class that you want to teach), you'd want the students to ask questions when they don't get things, yeah? Especially because, as I remember teachers so often saying, if you have that question someone else probably does too but are too afraid to ask.
I don't know about you, but I want a teacher who really cared about understanding things and wants their students to understand even if that means answering a bazillion questions. And I think that you'd be that sort of teacher.

@Birdeye I guess, I still feel a bit stupid though, because I ask stupid, simple questions. (and the tutor/teachers aren't always the nicest because it's a simple question)
I hope I'll be a good teacher. I'd probably be pretty good at the teaching part. It's the getting there part, the planning parts, the number, the writing. The assessments. I can only hope for the best though.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng well then I can say confidently that you'll be a better teacher than they're being. I've had soooo many times in classes (in both high school and uni) where I thought someone was asking a really simple/stupid question, only to see that someone else either asks the teacher again later directly or seems to get some sort of look of change as though they didn't know either.

Yeah, that stuff does sound so much harder. I don't think anyone starts off feeling good about any of that though. I mean, everyone has to learn how to do it, then it probably starts seeming a lot more doable.

Uni hasn't even started and I have so much to do and I don't even think I'm going to bother; I really really really want to quit

Highlighted

Passed my final assessment as a second year apprentice, time for 3rd year!! Woo hard work
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@loves netball baby steps, one day at a time Smiley Happy you can get there

@j95 woohoo! Must be a great feeling Smiley Very Happy

I need to apply for intermission but it's scary (even though it's just clicking a couple of buttons online). It'll mean my plans for the year will actually be finalised and I'm worried that I'm going to change my mind/regret taking the time off, even though I really don't think I will. Oh anxiety, such fun

If you don't mind me asking, what's intermission @lokifish
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 intermission is when you take time off from study after you've started your degree. Same as deferring basically, just a different term to confuse people

Uni's just love confusing people, don't they @lokifish Smiley Tongue

I have my last unit lecture and tut tomorrow, and it's the one that I think's going to be the hardest. It's socio-cultural stuff and that kind of thing just... doesn't click for me. I have to do a critical essay about some social issue (uuggghhh) and a presentation. At least the community engagement/professional learning portfolio shouldn't be too hard (ahhh no I won't survive)

@loves netball uni can be overwhelming at times, even before it's started. What are some supports for yourself that can help you get through your workload?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Submitted my application for intermission today. Apparently it can take 2-3 weeks to actually be processed though Smiley Indifferent