cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

Got my marks back for my lit review... 85% woohoo! Smiley Very Happy

I start uni again in 4 weeks Smiley Happy I'm really excited. Though right now I don't know how I'll afford my text books.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@redhead woohoo! We're all here to support you on your uni journey Smiley Very Happy As for textbooks, uni specific Facebook groups sometimes have people selling them second-hand, otherwise there's always the library copies. Orrrr I know for most of my units, the previous edition of the same textbook is usually totally fine (and much cheaper!)

Like @redhead I’m reall excited to be going back to uni in 4 weeks, but also really nervous. I have a lot on my plate at the moment with work and stuff, so it will be interesting to see how I cope when the study becomes full-on. Hopefully I will do okay.

@mrmusic good luck with your studies!
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Wishing everyone who's starting back at school / uni good luck!

Just remember that anxiety and nerves can build up a little bit before our first day back so make sure you're keeping up with your self-care strategies Heart  

Thanks @redhead you too!

@mrmusic good luck!

@redhead I'm sure you have but have you had a look at second hand books? They can still be super expensive although sometimes there are fb groups where people sell them pretty reasonably Smiley Happy

@lokifish wow well done on the lit review!

Can't believe how quickly the holidays have gone by Smiley Surprised
Highlighted

I got all the classes I wanted, yay!

@redhead good luck with uni Smiley Happy I got really lucky with mine and found a notice on the notice boards selling some of the textbooks I needed, maybe someone at your uni will be selling yours Smiley Happy (of course, I still didn't buy any until halfway through my unit, sometimes uni libraries have them online (free Smiley Wink) so that can be an option too Smiley Happy

AWESOME @lokifish!

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

I found out the textbooks I was worried about was just recommended reading so I'll probably just get them from the library if I need to. I went to the uni shop today and I only need 1 book. It was out of stock so it's been ordered.

Only 3 weeks to go Smiley Very Happy.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire