cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

Have you thought about taking a break from the degree for a semester or looking at transferring to another uni? @N1ghtW1ng
A friend of mine just switched from a school that was supposedly the best one for her course, but they changed the curriculum half way through and she is so much happier at this new uni (that I think is actually way better for that course now)
This is assuming that you think you would actually like to get a bachelor in primary education

Well done you @N1ghtW1ng for finishing your assignment! Cat Happy  Keep your eye on the prize and plod on if you can.  Teaching is a really useful degree - if you end up not wanting to teach you could work in govt., community, business, or so many other fields.  

Saying that, be kind to yourself and take some time to work out what you really want.  You're at the point now where you've come so far with it... but there's still a loooooong way to go, so like @Birdeye said, a semester off or even a change in uni's might be what you need.  It's your call.

@N1ghtW1ng I'd also highly recommend considering all your options, such as taking a semester off... it's what I did last year because I was disillusioned with nursing, and giving myself that chance to breathe really helped me to figure out where I want to go in life. When I eventually threw in the towel and transferred into psych I would've been going into my third year - people told me to stick it out but I just couldn't (and I'm glad I didn't). Obviously your situation is different but the point of this rambling is to reassure you that you're far from alone in all of this mess

Love the feeling when you pump out a whole assessment in three hours # brain power. ... now please allow 5 working business day for grading. 

Highlighted

"5 working business day for grading"... if only that were the case! @Eagle Smiley Tongue

@Birdeye @Lola-RO @lokifish I don't know about transferring. The uni closest to me doesn't appear to allow transferring from another uni (I think) and the only other uni's are much further away. Plus it would mean figuring out how to transfer and organising it and then actually transferring. With taking breaks, that's actually part of the problem. Every semester holiday and mid-semester break throws me off completely. I don't want to take a break because I just want to be finished. (also how do you even take a semester off? Just not enrolling in any units or does the uni need to know anything? I don't even know)

Part of the problem is I tutor for work, and have another job with kids. What happens then if I decide to change my mind? I'm so far into my degree as well... what happens if I leave and I want to try again? Would I have to start over from the beginning (definitely). I'm so indecisive.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

NICE @Eagle!

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Could you go chat to one of the advisors at uni again? @N1ghtW1ng

@Birdeye I could... ahhh I'm just so bad at making decisions. I have emailed a few art therapists asking for how they became themselves. Hopefully they respond with some answers. To be honest, I was thinking of talking to a uni counselor, or maybe the psych I'm seeing (although I don't see her for another couple of weeks, which is why uni counselor) to talk through it all a bit more. I already have all my options, I just have no idea what to do with them.

Deferring is always a risk @N1ghtW1ng - I deferred my first degree (2yrs into a 3yr degree) for six months and never went back.  By the time I was ready to, the university had changed the degree's conditions which would have meant doing a whole extra year of study.  So there's that.  Don't be like Lola.

If you do decide to defer though - after I've made it sound so completely awesome - it's easily done.  There'll be a form to fill out because unis love forms, and someone probably has to give official approval.

(and to answer your "Would I have to start over from the beginning?" question: probably not. You'd likely be able to get advanced standing in a different degree.  Or, walk straight back in to your current one and pick up where you left off)