cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

Definitely relieved now that uni is done for the year @mrmusic Smiley Happy. Thanks so much for posting this, it is sure a great idea to remind everyone to look after themselves during grades release time (and like @DruidChild has previously mentioned, "You matter regardless of your GPA")

Is anyone else freaking out about going back to uni/tafe this year? I had such a bad semester last year and had panic attack meltdowns almost every class, plus I’ll be trying to juggle assignments with my new super intense therapy stuff, I’m just really dreading going back there Smiley Sad Is everyone going to remember me as the kid who dissociated for an entire class and then cried and screamed in the corridor for the entire next one? Honestly if I didn’t know how badly my grandparents want to see me graduate next year I would drop out! 

Yep @DruidChild Smiley Tongue
Is it possible to lightening your workload this semester? Though it'd probably mean finishing later, it can help. Has your psych or anyone else been able to offer any insights into how you can get through the year? If you feel comfortable, talking to university people can be helpful too, as they can give you leeway on assignments and such. It's okay to dread going back, it's okay to be worried about how things may go. If anything, you can always decide you don't want to go back and change your mind. I hope it does go well for you Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Thanks so much @N1ghtW1ng! Sorry to hear you’re also dreading going back Smiley Sad Was it teaching that you were doing? 

I’m trying really hard to go full time so I can graduate at the end of next year, just because living with family is making it super difficult to recover and I can’t move out until I graduate and get a full time job. But I will definitely have a chat/make a plan with my psych, and reconnect with the disability unit! Thank you for the suggestions and encouragement Smiley Happy 

@DruidChild I am absolutely dreading going back to uni this year. I only have 3 subjects to graduate but I had previously enrolled incorrectly so rather than doing 3 subjects in 1 sem, I have to do the 3 over a whole year. This was disappointing but I realised that having my courses a bit more spaced out would probably be way more beneficial because I'm worried I will fail one and extend my graduation date again! So silver lining I guess. A lot of my course work is group assessment and oral presentations this year which is very daunting also. 

@N1ghtW1ng offered some great advice - I have worked with the support units at university previously and it gave me a huge sense of control over my work load which I really benefitted from! 

Here's hoping we all do well this year! Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear others are dreading going back to uni!! Smiley Sad

I have also been feeling a bit of dread about going back. I've been trying to focus on positives and remind myself that I'm lucky to be able to go to Uni, that I'll learn lots of new things and be doing more reading than I have been.

I like your approach @May_ and I'm going to try to adopt that one myself. After not having studied for a year, part of me is worried that I'll have forgotten how! 

Having said that, I am very much looking forward to being in a structured learning environment again Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

I'm sure it will all come back to you @letitgo Smiley Very Happy I agree - I'm also looking forward to a structured learning environment Smiley Happy

I had a bad day at tafe today, I'm so stressed I want to cry.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

ahh @redhead i'm sorry to hear that :/ what's been stressing you out?