cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

Hello to our super star uni students!

I just wanted to post to say that I am thinking of you all! We are heading towards the end of the semester, and I have heard across the forums that lots of you legends are working hard studying for exams, finishing up assessments and practicals! It takes so much hard work and determination to get to this end of the semester and there are two gifs that sum up my thoughts for you today:

bunny penguin GIF by Chibird

And...

Pop Tv Love GIF by Schitt's Creek

If you need to chat, unwind, offload or get support- we are here for you! Heart

Best of luck with the end of the semester, I will be sending thoughts your way this coming month Smiley Happy If you want some more information about coping with exam stress, ReachOut has you covered!

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here
Highlighted

Hey everyone! 

I just wanted to check in on my fellow uni students. How is everyone going? I just finished my first of two exams yesterday. It went okay, trying to stay positive and hoping my next one I will nail! I'm doing an Honours year this year so extra work on top of classes, but making time for self-care as well. 

I let myself have the day off today after I finished a shift at work, just listened to some music and chilled out. How is every else holding up?

Hi @MisoBear, really loving the check ins! 

So great to hear you are making time for self care- the uni semester can get super hectic, so winding down at the end and giving your mind and body the time to recover is important Smiley Happy

Just wanted to send a big WELL DONE to all the amazing uni students out there- we are coming to the end of the semester! Sometimes the end of semester exams and assessments and can feel like this:

Parks And Rec Spoilers GIF
And getting to this point of the semester takes some serious courage and perseverance! Hoping that you are able to get some self care time in the uni break Heart

Scarlett Byrne GIF

We are here to chat if you need to unwind Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

Perfect gifs considering I've just started rewatching Parks and Rec!

I have finally settled on a decision and am graduating at the end of this semester!!! Results come out next week, but I already know I passed (no exams and I passed most of my assignments, enough to pass the entire unit) so yay to that!

The next step is telling my parents that I'm actually not studying next semester... I'm sure it'll be fiiine though... (I can just tell them I'm taking a break because having a breakdown before every assignment can't be the right way to study)

So yeah. I AM FINISHED WITH UNI. DONE, FINITE and if I have my way, I am never returning to the uni I studied at. It was a fine uni, but the administration was garbage. Impossible to find any information, useless contact info and just a plain mess.

Anywho....

doctor who school GIF

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Yay to freedom @N1ghtW1ng! Smiley Very Happy

Hey y'all! I just finished my last uni exam so had to take a mini-break from the forums just to get everything done. I'm now working on the first draft of my thesis, which is a lil bit scary and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed to be honest. I've been really lacking motivation, and I find that I will literally do anything to avoid working. Does anyone have any tips for how to get myself to focus? I have an app called Self Control which I use to block distracting websites, but I study from home as my uni campus is about 1hr from where I live so it's not all that practical to go in unless I have class. Any tips would be SO appreciated.

Hey @MisoBear Smiley Happy well done on finishing your last exam!! Funnily enough I'm doing the same at the moment but not up to my first draft yet - I'm still working on the data collection. I noticed this post is from June, how have you been going with this since then? Did you find the Self Control app helpful?

Hey,

I'm also doing data collection too, so I feel ya! Working on my lit review/method etc. Feeling a bit demotivated still but just trying to slowly chip away at it. The Self-Control app is good, I find it pretty useful. I also like using noise-cancelling headphones to play no-lyric music to help me focus. How are you going with everything? Just checking in on everyone else in the lead up to uni starting next week?

Who else is back at uni this week?

Just came across this thread - and I'm glad - because i'm back at uni this semester too and it's great to find some people in the same boat!