cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

@lokifish and @reach804 , i'm also back into the thick of things Smiley Happy How is it already semester two?!
You guys studying anything cool this semester? Smiley Happy 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a SLOW-MO Getting Real chat to do with Generational Differences, starting on Monday the 11th of November! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@ecla34 are you almost at the end of your degree? 😊 

yeah i’ve taken a few psych electives this semester - i’m particularly looking forward to a positive psychology course - focusing on strength based approaches, meditation, mindfulness etc etc. I also have a social psych course that should be interesting too! I’m almost half way through undergrad which is crazy to think of.

thanks for asking!

any subjects you’re looking forward too?

@reach804 A positive psychology course sounds amazing! Heart feel free to share any tips and tricks you learn here Smiley Tongue Smiley Wink

What an awesome idea for a psych elective! Smiley Happy
i'm approaching the end of honours in psych yay! Smiley Very Happy  looking forward to neuroscience this sem, should be interesting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a SLOW-MO Getting Real chat to do with Generational Differences, starting on Monday the 11th of November! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Sounds like everyone is in a pretty intense year of uni (I'm also doing Psych Honours this year). How is the first week going for everyone so far?

@reach804 sounds like some really interesting electives! Hope you enjoy the positive psychology subject, hopefully there will be some really helpful tips in there. I recently completed a course at Uni about mindbody wellness and found it made a huge difference to my life Smiley Happy

@MisoBear my first week is going okay, my class doesn't start until tomorrow (week 3) though so it's been a bit of a slow start. I've been on placement so that's also been using up just about all of my energy Smiley Very Happy

How has your start to the semester been?

@ecla34 from what i've heard honours is full on! How have you been finding it? You must be so excited to finish!

@May_ Yeah exactly! I've already picked up a few tips to use in my own life - which is the beauty of psych i guess !

@MisoBear I've found my first few weeks really demanding! putting in so much effort and it not being enough and failing some assessments Smiley Sad which is new for me to kind of come to terms with because I haven't failed at uni before - but i'm taking it as a learning experience and trying to workout what i can do better!

@reach804 definitely excited for the home stretch Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL But it's also been such a good learning experience Heart So glad i did it! 

It's definitely always an adjustment starting up! That's really awesome that you're taking such a growth perspective towards improving your studies! Definitely not easy, and so impressive! Heart Heart

Highlighted

Totally agree, I'm on the home stretch with honours too and it's pretty intense but it's also good! I'm looking forward to the next step! 

Hope everyone's having a good week so far?

Also @reach804, failing can be such a hard thing to deal with. Especially when you haven't failed before! That's great that you're taking it as a learning experience. It can seem like a really awful, big thing now, but your failures will help you to recognise what you need to work on. I was in a really similar position at the start of my degree and it kind of gave me a bit of a wake up call that I needed to put my studies first and it was really what I needed. And, in the end I still got to where I wanted to go. But it's definitely tough when you first have to face up to those failures, so I hope you're being kind to yourself?

I love that we're all at different stages of the same pathway Smiley Tongue I've almost finished my third year, so hoping to get into honours next year! Super stressful but I'm proud of myself for making it through undergrad. There is light at the end of the tunnel @reach804 Smiley Happy