cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

I'm so sorry to hear that N1ghtW1ng Smiley Sad

I hope you've been able to get some sleep tonight rather than beating yourself up about this. I've handed so many assignments in late, and while it does feel sucky it is okay, and your mental health is what you should be prioritising.

How much longer is the semester?

@Birdeye it's 4/5 weeks longer plus 4 weeks of prac placement. I ended up withdrawing from the two units where I hadn't done the assignments and now I only have four assignments left to do instead of 10 Smiley Tongue

How are you going?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

4 is so much more manageable @N1ghtW1ng Smiley Happy

I'm going alright. I was ready to give up on an assignment yesterday (and it was only worth 5%!) but managed to pull through and come up with something. I feel like I'm not doing greatly this semester and I'm behind, but at the same time I've only missed 1 (10%) assignment, with none of my major assessments having happened yet.

Nice @Birdeye Smiley Very Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Halfway through mid-semester break aahhhhhh!

I've done zero study today but I've really needed the day off Smiley Tongue

Ok quick question i have finally decided what I want to be when i grow up lol.... 

a podiatrist. I know feet but i find them so interesting. So witch uni did you people find better if you have been to them Newcastle uni, Charles Sturt uni. Or Sydney 

@Eagle that's awesome that you've decided what you want to do!! A podiatrist sounds like a great career path for you - especially if you find feet interesting! 

Because of our confidentiality guidelines, it might be tricky for people to confidentially give you information about specific universities without also disclosing which university they are at, and thus compromising confidentiality. 

However, it is very important to think about which university is the right fit for you! If it's possible, apply for a couple and then you have the choice to make later based on which ones you get into! 

Is there a careers counsellor you could ask about this? 

Another good way to research this is to find podiatry practices, or podiatrists, that you could talk to about their own training. You should also be able to access employment rate statistics for each university about which uni get the best employment rates post graduation. 

Hope this is helpful! 

Where is the time going?! Week 10 almost over *internal screaming*

I'm also having another life crisis... early childhood education is in the news down here today and now I'm seriously considering my kinder teaching plan again. Why can I not decide what to do with my life?! Smiley Sad Smiley Tongue

Anyone else coming up to that time in the semester when big assignments are due AND exams are coming up?? 

Imo something it's so important to remember round now is to be kind to ourselves! A bad grade or a fail isn't the end of the world even if it feels that way. You matter regardless of your GPA. Heart

Hey everyone! Smiley Happy How are we all going?

For a lot of uni students, results would be coming out about now. It can be a very nervewracking time of year, please make sure you practice lots of self care in anticipation/response to your results.