cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

@mspaceK haha that's still better than nothing Smiley Tongue I've decided that I really only need to properly study three units, ones with exams. Which means the other two units can be assignment work Smiley Tongue Hopefully today when I get home I can actually make some progress.

Well I believe in you @N1ghtW1ng. I have just started working on my literature review assignment. Smiley Happy I've set out my structure and now I just need to put all my points in and actually write it! I hope you have a fantastic day Smiley Very Happy 

Well done on creating a structure already @mspaceK. I don't think I've managed that for my assignment yet haha. Feels like there's so much to do and so little time

Oh I know that feeling all too well @RevzZ. I'm just trying to break it up into parts and just do little bits on each section that I feel comfortable with. I have another half hour to do stuff and then I'm going shopping for new clothes as a reward haha xD 

Try just starting and breaking it up and putting in little points. I find that just framing helps me to feel like I have achieved something and it can help to seperate thoughts when it feels like one big overwhelming assignment. 

Oh the real trouble for me is starting @mspaceK. I'm kind of a completionist (is that a word)/perfectionist/overanalyzer. It's a terrible combination because once I start, I have an overwhelming need to finish it, it needs to be perfect and I keep looking at the small mistakes and seeing them as huge mistakes. I know it's not good but I'll get there. I'm still working on framing it so that I see sections of it as "a whole" so it's more like combining several things rather than an entire thing. Baby steps Smiley Wink

Rewards are good! Food is the ultimate reward. If anyone has food, I'm literally one step away from being your best friend Smiley Tongue

That is hard @RevzZ. I'm a bit the same. I find myself working on a paragraph to find that the next paragraph is a better refined version of the first paragraph. I end up repeating myself. I find it really hard to be concise and not blabber on. I also spend ages on one paragraph or sentence because i want to write it right the first time and if it doesn't sound right I spend ages trying to fix it. I have to force myself to move on and tell myself I can edit it later! 

Time for my break and yes, food is definitely on that list...I always follow where the free food is at Smiley Very Happy 

Best thing is that our uni has a student space with daily free food Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

That is the best motivation,  right? @RevzZ My uni also does free breakfast and lunch and snacks throughout the day on different days. It is so good. I actually go more because I know I'll get fed. We even have free hot chocolates and coffees Smiley Very Happy 

Shopping is done. Time to study a bit more before work Smiley Happy I'm a little tired though so I'm not sure how much I'll get done. 

Aw man can I go to your uni's @mspaceK @RevzZ? The only free food my uni has are some lollypops in the ask-uni centre and the occasional sausage sizzle or pancakes. (plus the food is so expensive! *cries*)

Guess who spoilt themselves shopping and didn't study? This one did! Smiley Very Happy I bought myself a new sketchpad, this time it's a spiral type Smiley Happy, a box for my Things (spinners and squishy balls and a slinky and strechy animals Smiley Tongue) and some modelling clay. Just cause (it's coloured too! Smiley Very Happy)

That sounds so good @N1ghtW1ng Smiley Very Happy what are you going to model with the clay? I bought something today too!! Some new jeans xD i tried on heaps of clothes but I just wasn't happy with anything. But I finished work early so I'm happy Smiley Happy